Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Original painting of Herman Göring!!!

Article about: Wow terrific paintings...would love to own something like that one day..

?

Default Re: Original painting of Herman Göring!!!

Wow terrific paintings...would love to own something like that one day..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original painting of Herman Göring!!!
    P
    Many

I am sorry but I agree with Wagriff and Davejb.I can't put my finger on it but I have seen the paintings before,they might be originals but I think they were mass printed,I remember seeing a photo of Russians ransacking a house in Berlin and there was a copy of the two paintings on either side of the fireplace.One other thing are you sure the museum in Norway wants to hang the pictures.The paintings were meant to glorify the leaders of the country that was occupying your country.

?

The paintings shown are not being claimed to be one of a kind pieces of art. I am sure there were numerous paintings done in the same vein and sent to upper level foreign party members all over Nazi occupied Europe to be displayed in party offices..Dozens of artists that produced official party approved art. Obviously several steps above massed prouduced lithographs.
    I can tell by the pine wood stretcher boards and canvas that that the Goering painting is a painting with 70 years of patina on the wood.
    I can tell you that the pulls in the canvas are tacked rather than being stapled.
    I can also tell you that the technology to make a print that looks like a painting on canvas did not exist before 1945.
    The frames are similar. I would not say massed produced but I am sure that hundreds and hundreds were made to frame the official party work.
    The estimate I made in an earlier post reflects the fact that the image is an original painting more of a curiosity that a significant work of art by a renowned artist.
    It is what it is. A flatering oil portrait of fat boy Goering.

Thanks Steve, you said it!
    Thanks for explaining to them!

These types of paintings were properly not that scarce during the war, they would be hung in high ranking officer rooms, party member rooms, at Luftwaffe airports and other places, like in the canteen or barrackses..

The paintings are scarce here in Norway at least (I don't know about the rest of the world), but most of this stuff was burned and thrown away after the war because most of the Norwegian people hated the intruders that had tortured and made hell for them...

I know of a couple of original prints here in Norway, but that is all...

On the photo below:
    The photo is showing the officers mess hall in Kristiansand Norway (where I live), on the wall you see a painting of Hitler and one small painting of probably Herman G..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original painting of Herman Göring!!!   Original painting of Herman Göring!!!  

Hey Steve,I agree with you,the paintings are most likely originals but I think they are NOT one of a kind.

Can you find some paintings like these somewhere else "operaman"?
    I have not seen many paintings like this around!
    It was a non scarce item during the war... but now?

Regards from Norway!

Hey ''buddy'' I am surprised that you are so rude at 19,most of the time it takes a life time.Calm down,how many paintings do yo want to see? How bout you send a photo of the paintings hanging in a Norwegian Museum.That I would like to see.

I'm sorry but I am not to sure about the paintings. Are they signed? Are there any period pictures of the paintings hanging in the house?
    Being an art student myself i have some minor problems with the paintings being; the are very small for such detailed portraits, they don't seem to be signed, which I find strange for fine works, the surface seems very flat from what I can tell from your pictures.
    Could they be period reproductions of much larger paintings? Printed on canvas? Who and how were they cleaned? Are the frame's marked by a maker?

I agree with what you have said,there is something about the paintings that I can't put my finger on.I think they are most likely something called ''Paint to order''. Someone would go to an art shop or stationary shop and place a order for the painting,I would say that were quite a few around during the T.R. and most likely tossed after the war.If our Friend in Norway can come up with a name on the painting we can research,I have a postcard with Goering on it that looks a lot like the painting from Norway

Agreed operaman. The question is what technics they had in those days to make such paintings. As they are not a one off, I don't think a artist sat down and made 200 of these paintings, as that would taken to long to do. Could they be four color "screen print"? Only a close up could tell, under a loupe or microscope. Four color sreen print is what we call "full color", and one could even print a photograph using only four colors. I will ask my father if they could do this in those days. In that case they would have used oil paint I guess to print the paintings.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast