MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Original painting of Herman Göring!!!

Article about: Wow terrific paintings...would love to own something like that one day..

Default Re: Original painting of Herman Göring!!!

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Very nice painting. Congrats on fidning it. I know nothing about paintings, but it sure looks like it was Painted and not printed to me. Who cares how many were painted?? It can still be a period peice, right? A little strange that the artist didnt sign it, but is it possible that the signature is covered by the frame?? Overall, as long as you personally are happy with it...thats all that really matters anyway. Thanks for sharing and keep us updated
    Thanks for your comment Bill!
    Thanks, I will keep you updated

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original painting of Herman Göring!!!
    P
    Many

Quote by Feuerbach View Post
    100% an original oil painting, and not a screen print. And we also know from first hand it is ww2 era, and not painted after the war. Next question would be who painted it and how many did he make. As it is war era, and hidden shortly after the war we can rule out it was ever reframed, and by doing that the signature got lost, so we can safely say it was never signed in the first place.
    Looking at the close-ups of the work we see it was painted fast, without many color malanges, so I think it was done by an anonymous artist who made a living out of painting this kind of works, maybe from postcards. I'm also pretty sure not many survided, so that makes it rare too.
    Last question; do you think by looking at the two works they are both from the same hand?
    Hello “Feuerbach”

Thanks for your comment!
    I agree with your story there, it might be painted by a Norwegian artist that was asked to paint these two paintings for this high ranking NS man, and was given photos or postcards to paint from.. Private purchase maybe?

The Hitler portrait is painted by the same artist

I belive selling price will be around $800-1200 if You will find the right person. It is not very easy to sell such things for top $.

?

Just for the sake of discussion, is it possible this is an oil painting over an enlarged photograph as opposed to an 'original' work copied from a postcard?
    The picture below is of the actress Gene Tierney and was a prop used on the set of the 1944 film 'Laura' This is an oil painting over an enlarged image on the canvas. The technique obviously existed during the war and could've been used as an easier way to produce these paintings?
    I'm not making any assumption on the authenticity of the painting in question as I simply do not know, just an extra angle to consider.......
    Attached Images Attached Images Original painting of Herman Göring!!! 

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

By God I think you got it!!!I knew there was something about that painting that just did not look right.I believe it was painted during the TR peroid but In think it is a copy of a Photo or postcard or some other media.Still a nice piece.

This is a post war oil painting of Goering.

Johnny R.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original painting of Herman Göring!!!   Original painting of Herman Göring!!!  

Original painting of Herman Göring!!!  

Hitler finally arrived on Saturday, after being cleaned and fixed by Norway's best conservator..
    This painting was full of dust, old bird shit, some water damage and a small tear...
    Herman and Hitler are now together again

The Hitler painting is: "Der Führer" by Hugo Lehmann - but not signed..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original painting of Herman Göring!!!  
    Last edited by oksnevad_2; 03-12-2012 at 09:48 PM.

?

Would it now stand to reason that the Goering portrait was created by the same person as the Hitler one, perhaps these were produced as a "pair" and signed only on the Hitler portrait, it would be helpful to see closeups of the Hitler painting and see if the same brush stroke techniques was used

?

There is a painting of hitler by Curt Hasse from 1936 on klaus butschecks site and it is going at a little over 4000 pounds

They are most likely painted by the same man (The paintings are not signed)...
    The Hitler painting is a well known scene, originally painted by Hugo (mentioned above), it is often found as a postcard..
    If you look closely at Hitlers eye and compare it to the postcard paintings.. it is spot on, even though the eye looks strange.
    The Herman painting is of an unknown scene, I have never seen anything like it. Both the paintings have the same frame and
    the same canvas and background color, also painted in the same manner...

The family that had these paintings hanging in their living room during the war, was a members of NS (“Norwegian Nazi party”),
    and the father in the family was an important NS dude. The Minister-President Vidkun Quisling was regularly visiting the family in their “villa”.
    So the previous owner was an important man in the NS.. So my guess is that this is high end paintings... maybe the originals painted by Hugo..
    I have never seen the original painting from the postcards by Hugo, so why not.. it is possible..

Attached images are:
    The original photo “scene” from taken 12. March 1938 by “Rathaus in Linz” in Austria..
    A postcard – Scene painted by Hugo Lehmann from the original photo from 1938...
    And the painting..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original painting of Herman Göring!!!  
    Attached Images Attached Images Original painting of Herman Göring!!!  Original painting of Herman Göring!!! 

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast