Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Pagels Hitler Bust: Max Show find

Article about: Arrived yesterday, It is a big one.

This question is directed to the mate ajax3985 if viewed, and in general to all forum members. In the end, I decided to buy this bust to a Spanish collector. I would like to know your opinions about this bust again.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pagels Hitler Bust: Max Show find
    P
    Many

Quote by Milindre View Post
    This question is directed to the mate ajax3985 if viewed, and in general to all forum members. In the end, I decided to buy this bust to a Spanish collector. I would like to know your opinions about this bust again.
    The bust was bought home directly from the vet who donated it to a Museum, the museum was raising money and allowed a dealer/ collector to sell this to raise funds and he bought it to the Max Show years ago where it was spotted. Its a great 2x life Pagels on original base and was untouched in any way. Other than a small bed to the plinth it was perfect. Very hard piece to find and it went to Spain to a collector from where you got it through a friend of the family after he passed away last year. Its probably one of the best I have seen and would advise to leave that plinth alone and make no attempts to straighten it. Its a commissioned piece and not a catalog example, and you just do not find those. Congratulations on it and enjoy it.

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    The bust was bought home directly from the vet who donated it to a Museum, the museum was raising money and allowed a dealer/ collector to sell this to raise funds and he bought it to the Max Show years ago where it was spotted. Its a great 2x life Pagels on original base and was untouched in any way. Other than a small bed to the plinth it was perfect. Very hard piece to find and it went to Spain to a collector from where you got it through a friend of the family after he passed away last year. Its probably one of the best I have seen and would advise to leave that plinth alone and make no attempts to straighten it. Its a commissioned piece and not a catalog example, and you just do not find those. Congratulations on it and enjoy it.
    Thanks for your response and for the information AJAX. The truth is that it is a big bust. This same Spanish collector like me offered me another bust of Hitler, and I would like your own opinion, and other colleagues.

Quote by Milindre View Post
    Thanks for your response and for the information AJAX. The truth is that it is a big bust. This same Spanish collector like me offered me another bust of Hitler, and I would like your own opinion, and other colleagues.

The artist is T.H Linz and its a nice bust although I do not recall seeing the name stamped like that before but not alarmed by that and its a looker. Base appears original to the piece with a nice foundry mark and a dark patina. The collector was fairly advanced and had some very nice pieces. It loos like a life size example which is nice. Feel free to forward him to me should you decline the piece if that helps you any. ;o)

Interesting that two busts were cast at the same foundry in Munich.

whats the asking price for these two

4500 Euros I think.

$ 6,500 USDollaqrs for the one inpost #8. Pius postage.

Joe

The Pagels is the barnstormer and guy has it listed at U.S 5600.00 it looks like. Curious about the 3rd one which is nice.

?

Its not a Pagel or its not even a bronze but a very nice terracotta base material with a bronze coating Bust- larger then life and with a nice dedication. Guess one has to be happy that it made over the past 69+ years without damage. Its makes for a nice centerpiece.

By the way the Bronzes shown are outstanding , I have one also in the "Bunker" -

Horst

Pagels Hitler Bust: Max Show findPagels Hitler Bust: Max Show find
    Last edited by Horst; 05-08-2014 at 09:09 PM.
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast