Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Painting in frame stamped SS polizei nord lebensborn on the backside. The painting looks lik a bavarian moutain view.

Article about: by Voje85 Maybe it was marked to show that it was accepted to hang on the wall for lebensborn project? *Pregnant pause*.......Do you think so...?

Default Re: Painting in frame stamped SS polizei nord lebensborn on the backside. The painting looks lik a bavarian moutain view.

Quote by Voje85 View Post
    Maybe it was marked to show that it was accepted to hang on the wall for lebensborn project?
    *Pregnant pause*.......Do you think so...?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Painting in frame stamped  SS polizei nord lebensborn on the backside. The painting looks lik a bavarian moutain view.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Painting in frame stamped SS polizei nord lebensborn on the backside. The painting looks lik a bavarian moutain view.

Have not bought it yet, so dont have pictures of it now. The stamp and and the look of the picture gives me a good feeling that it could be real. If its real.. could it be of anny value?
    I found it in a antique store.

Hope someone can help!

Thanks!
    How can we possibly help without photos of it , showing the painting, frame stamp etc !!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

A $90 price tag coupled with a "SS Polizei Nord Lebensborn" stamping sounds dubious at best... I'd post photos to have it reviewed if I were you. Also, they should be able to hold an item like this longer than just a few days, sounds to me like they're trying to rush you into buying it...

Even if it Did hang in a Lebensborn facility, why would the frame be stamped SS? Do they want people to think that it was manufactured in the official "SS Picture Frame Factory"? Sorry, but you're asking the impossible-to authenticate an invisible object.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Ok, I will try to persuade the guy at the store to let me take pictures before i buy it

?

Ok, I will try to persuade the guy at the store to let me take pictures before i buy it
    A much better idea.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Well, seems that You really want to buy this item, original or not. For $90 You can get much better and original III Reich items.

I'm with Wagriff and SteveR.

Having collected art for a long time, it makes little sense to me that a painting would be marked that way. I suppose it's not impossible, but it's not something that would in any way impact the value of the painting without the frame because the connection between the marking in the painting itself would be so tenuous as to be ignored.

Frames are marked as to framer, gallery etc. But marked SS?

Not likely so I'd steer clear of that if you're seeing the frame markings as a feature adding value. 99.99% odds that's a painting to which spurious SS markings have been added.
    Or, if the price justifies it and you like the piece, buy it for the painting that it is.

But my overall sense here is that you're not looking for a painting.

I bought this painting for a small amount of money and there was a rubber stamp on the back and Himmlers signature painted on the back of the board. It was aged very well,, most likely from a tea application. heres the link https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/art-d...gamble-233936/
    Im still not sure what to make of it,, but it is a nice wall hanger for an SS collection Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Im pretty sure all collectors have an item that isn't period but just looks good in the collection be it a picture,trophy, etc - I have a couple myself.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast