Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Painting in frame stamped SS polizei nord lebensborn on the backside. The painting looks lik a bavarian moutain view.

Article about: by Voje85 Maybe it was marked to show that it was accepted to hang on the wall for lebensborn project? *Pregnant pause*.......Do you think so...?

?

Default Re: Painting in frame stamped SS polizei nord lebensborn on the backside. The painting looks lik a bavarian moutain view.

Im not gonna buy it for money. I have talked with the store on the phone and they agreed to look on some things that I have A trade And the items I want trade are not ww2 and to all u talking about the ss stamp on the frame. well its my fault.. its not on the frame its on the paperback of the painting. Sorry for that!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Painting in frame stamped  SS polizei nord lebensborn on the backside. The painting looks lik a bavarian moutain view.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Painting in frame stamped SS polizei nord lebensborn on the backside. The painting looks lik a bavarian moutain view.

Unfortunately as no photographs are going to be forthcoming it makes the whole thread completely worthless/pointless
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

I know but the store is closed today I will go there tomorrow. If I can trade with them then I'll get pictures out here!

I feel that their is no fault in purchasing a fake item as a wall hanger. That being said, you can't wish it real, facts are facts, and if it's fake, well then it's fake. I have to be honest, from the description it doesn't sound to promising, but as said, nothing can be proven until photos are posted. Also, if it is indeed fake, don't try to sell it in a year as an original once you gain some knowledge and start resenting it for being fake. That is not fair for the next guy.

I can only speak for myself and I know that if I didn't really care for the actual painted imagery to begin with and the stamps were proven to be fake I'd feel cheated, stuck with a pointless item... this no matter how low the price/value of items traded for it. People are only trying to help, no one's faulting the OP here (other than for, perhaps, the obvious lack of visuals).

This thread has been going on now for several days and has grown into 3 pages now, and there is Still not a single photograph of this item in question. This thread is a waste of time and bandwidth and should be removed.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

would have to agree with you but I think in reading other threads added by other members it has expanded to having or not having a post 45 item in ones collection and as moderator I think these thoughts are also appropriate-so I opt to let it roll on-hope this meets with your approval?
    HORST
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

Well.. Here is the stamp from the back of the painting.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Painting in frame stamped  SS polizei nord lebensborn on the backside. The painting looks lik a bavarian moutain view.  

Quote by Voje85 View Post
    Well.. Here is the stamp from the back of the painting.
    That's it...?
    Attached Images Attached Images Painting in frame stamped  SS polizei nord lebensborn on the backside. The painting looks lik a bavarian moutain view. 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I didnt buy or trade for the painting now. Wanted to see if this is real stamp or made up one?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast