Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Painting by Hitler made in Paraguay 1960 ? Pls help

Article about: A few years ago I bought this painting (see pictures) from an old auction house (which sold some "old" stuff) in The Netherlands. The paiting is signed by Franz Gerlau in 1960 in P

Hitler was very sick, this we know for sure impart to his Doctors log book. In fact, if you look at some later videos of Hitler, one in particular where he is at a hospital handing out medals(20 JULI 1944), his hand is noticeable shacking. Even if he did fake his own death and escape, I'd doubt he'd be able to make it to the 60's, especially without the correct medical care. To far fetch for my taste.
    Just to note, it is said one must always have a significant explanation for tragical events in history, but not unlike JFK, the truth is sometimes boring and not a well executed conspiracy or some unbelievable circumstance, yet just a guy who shot himself to avoid humiliation and capture or some insane nobody who's plan went perfectly right enabling him to shoot the President without any help. It doesn't always have to be some crazy story, which is sometimes harder to believe than the basic one which is actually the truth.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Painting by Hitler made in Paraguay 1960 ? Pls help
    P
    Many

?

Actually, I find the OPs theory quite valid, he only got the location wrong.
    AH relocated to Minehead, Somerset after the war - here the rare footage:
    Monty Python - Mr. Hilter - YouTube
    Painting is a perfectly valied hobby for relaxing when on the campaign trail - after all Churchill was a painter as well.
    Its true, I read it in the Völkischer Beobachter (to quote 'Cabaret').

Thanks for all the quick feedback. Let me be clear. I believe the chance that this painting was painted by Hitler himself is indeed (very) small. I didn't thought of it, until some "expert" informed me on this possibility. The number of characters in his first and last name could of course be a coincidence, and will be most likely so.
    The feedback on the (lack of) skill of painting details, I found very helpfull. It is a long shot and this really helps.
    It is all a matter of (very) small chance, but (potentially) high impact ...

It is patently clear to me this is an unfinished self portrait.....Also the thing about the number of letters in the name and their close proximity in the alphabet to the ones in the name 'Hitler' are a compelling and logical statement of fact.

It's a significant indicator that the Fuhrer did indeed escape the bunker and make it to South America where he lived out the rest of his days in a small mountain village alongside later fellow neighbours Lord Lucan and Elvis.....

Painting by Hitler made in Paraguay 1960 ? Pls help
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

It has more chance of being painted by Tiddles...
    Attached Images Attached Images Painting by Hitler made in Paraguay 1960 ? Pls help 

?

Ohh Ned, always in opposition.
    I thought I had clearly presented ample proof, that AH did indeed relocate to Minehead.
    Way to ruin a good debate with facts.

PS
    Lord Lucan - another interesting tale.

Great "photoshop" :-)

As it is a known fact that Hitler had Parkinson's Disease in 1944, he certainly could not have held a paint brush with a steady hand by 1960. If he had lived, with the medical technology of the time, Adolf would have been dead by 1960. His suicide in the bunker is logical for the time and his mindset then.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hitler was a mental and physical wreck in April '45...Parkinson's Disease left his hand shaking uncontrollably as can be seen in the last newsreel...I have no doubt that he died in the bunker. It's also well-known that Hitler couldn't draw faces, as mentioned above...
    cheers, Glenn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast