Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Panzer clip with embossing "Zur Erinnerung an Meine Dienstzeit"

Article about: Hi all. This was in a lot of items I recently purchased and I'm having some trouble figuring out what it is exactly. I know it is a service remembrance piece, but what is it (what function d

?

Default Panzer clip with embossing "Zur Erinnerung an Meine Dienstzeit"

Hi all. This was in a lot of items I recently purchased and I'm having some trouble figuring out what it is exactly. I know it is a service remembrance piece, but what is it (what function does it serve)?

Thanks!
    Dzyner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer clip with embossing "Zur Erinnerung an Meine Dienstzeit"
    P
    Many

?

Looks as it is a clip for paper money.

Real nice looking, never saw a similar one.

At first I thought a matchbox cover but looking in section, I agree, most likely a money clip.

?

Or maybe businesscards.

Nice piece!

?

Thanks for all the feedback. I should have posted the dimensions, which are 3.5" x 2", which is the exact size of a modern business card. However, I'm a little puzzled by that because I'm not sure how easy it would be to remove a BC from it. Plus, if you look at the profile photo in my original post, you'll see a small "channel" on the outside of the clip (above the Eagle's head). That channel looks like it is supposed to hold something. I'm wondering if maybe this item was made to clip onto something while that small channel is meant to hold something within it?

Possibly a small notebook and pencil?
    Nice item Darren!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Nice thinking Ralph! I like that idea. The area (width) for a pencil is only 1/8" though, so it would have to be a very narrow diameter pencil. Still, I think that's the most plausible idea so far.

whatever, a very nice item.

?

Thanks for all the great ideas and feedback guys. I think we've pretty much narrowed it down to either a notebook clip (I like this the most) or a business card holder. If anyone else has ideas, feel free to post them. Review my earlier posts for some measurements since I neglected to add them to the main post.