Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Poland September 39

Article about: Please help me identifying destroyed polish air planes and maybe locations Radom?Mielec?

Default Poland September 39

Please help me identifying destroyed polish air planes and maybe locations Radom?Mielec?Poland September 39Poland September 39

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Poland September 39
    P
    Many

Ziggy1969: That is a tough one to answer, given the virtually utter destruction of whatever was inside that building, all there is to go on is a poor image of a vertical stabilizer and the left horizontal stabilizer and elevator. Based on those meager clues, my guess is that it might have been either a PZL. 23 high-wing, open cockpit fighter or a RWD. 14b Czapla cooperation aircraft. If I were to go out farther on the limb, I would say it is more likely to be the fighter because of the shape of the vertical stabilizer. But that is a poorly educated guess. Here are two drawings of both AC. The upper drawing is the fighter and the lower is the observation and fire-control aircraft. Dwight

Poland September 39

Poland September 39

The unit insignia on the tail appears to be from the 123rd Fighter squadron. In Sept. 1939 this squadron comprised of 10 PZL P.7a airplanes.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Poland September 39   Poland September 39  

Attached Images Attached Images Poland September 39 

Thank you very much for your help ziggy