Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

pole top eagle??

Article about: anyone have any ideas as to what this is/ what it might have been used for? It's made from a composite material, kind of like plaster. It's quite well detailed measures about 12 inches accro

Default pole top eagle??

anyone have any ideas as to what this is/ what it might have been used for? It's made from a composite material, kind of like plaster. It's quite well detailed measures about 12 inches accross and about six inches in height, and two inches thick. It's stamped with an M3 number which is correct designated conract number. It certainly looks good in hand, but like most things I am suspect as to wheather it's period or not. Any opinions good or bad, would be wselcome
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture pole top eagle??   pole top eagle??  

pole top eagle??   pole top eagle??  

pole top eagle??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement pole top eagle??
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: pole top eagle??

John - hate to tell you but a post 45 product or as they say a 4th Reich fantasy-
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Quote by Horst View Post
    John - hate to tell you but a post 45 product or as they say a 4th Reich fantasy-
    Horst
    Horst..............thanks, confirmed my fears......damm sos

It would make some interesting yard art lol

I turned one of these in a grouping in which EVERTHING was 100% authentic over 35 years ago.
    I've never seen another one in 50 years of collecting.
    I believe it is an authentic item.
    I don't know what it's for but surely not a pole top.

Quote by texasuberalles View Post
    I turned one of these in a grouping in which EVERTHING was 100% authentic over 35 years ago.
    I've never seen another one in 50 years of collecting.
    I believe it is an authentic item.
    I don't know what it's for but surely not a pole top.
    Thanks for your feedback on the item. It was at the SOS and the seller (who is a respected seller) assured me it was period, saying more or less what you have stated, that he had only seen two others (this being one of them) and that it was 100%. It had the look, and the feel, but I had some doubts, whether it was right to pass on it I will never know, apparently there is a similar one in the NSDAP book, but I do not have a copy, the thing that worried me was the screw in the bottom, it just didn't have the quality I would have expected, but then again, i might be expecting too much

Here are the pics of mine.
    I had an oak base made that the screw just slips in and it displays well.
    Joepole top eagle??pole top eagle??pole top eagle??pole top eagle??

Interesting pieces...I suppose they used such things as decor during public events...a rare bird, indeed...
    cheers, Glenn

Actually, I do believe that they are period items. Having "owned" one for a while, and doing some basic research, it appeared to be good, my problem was convincing others of the same,

pole top eagle??New to the forum, actually found it searching for this very same item. Just picked one up in a small vet grouping purchased from the son of the soldier. Seems legit as the group is honest and appears untouched in a duffle bag. Along with this odd plaster item there was an HSC, set of Binos, a couple K98 bayonets, a legit Heer helmet and a belt buckle.

- - ------- - -

pole top eagle??

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast