Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Porcelain Drummer

Article about: A 16" high WWI Heer drummer mounted on a horse, the maker is "Katzhutte" - very fine detail and the overall condition is A-1 . Just picked this up on my recent trip to Germany

?

Default Re: Porcelain Drummer

I've got one of these as well, but apparently an Eastern European company had made up a batch of them in the 80s or 90s. I don't know whether or not there is a way to tell the difference between the old and newer production. This is hearsay information, so I don't have any proof that it's true, but somewhere I read about the marking being used during the last 20 years. They also made the equestrian jumper and a Heer hand grenade thrower.
    Erich

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Porcelain Drummer
    P
    Many

Quote by Erich View Post
    I've got one of these as well, but apparently an Eastern European company had made up a batch of them in the 80s or 90s. I don't know whether or not there is a way to tell the difference between the old and newer production. This is hearsay information, so I don't have any proof that it's true, but somewhere I read about the marking being used during the last 20 years. They also made the equestrian jumper and a Heer hand grenade thrower.
    Erich
    Erich,

I do not think so, the mark is the same for all of these that I have noted and they have not flooded the market. Its possible but doubtful.

Don't know about the jumper as I have not handled them, however they are not out there in any great number. So again I have my doubts there.

The grenade thrower is still being made. There are two versions of the base and 3 variant marks. One variant mark with the proper base and you have a winner. This firm is Karl Ens and a search will show this figure on their website.

For what it is worth.

Best,

Kris Lindblom

?

I agree that they never appeared in large quantity and, owning one, would certainly prefer that they be pre45. It could be the story is just 'collector lore'.
    Erich

?

All I can say is Im glad I own one - I have to say in my 40+ years of collecting I havent seen to many around.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2