Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

RAD Plaque & Train Sign

Article about: Here are a couple recent pieces I added to my collection in the RAD and Train Area. RAD Abteilung 1/215 Plaque & a small Frankfurt Train Sign in French and Italian: Believe it says "

?

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    Apparently it is difficult to convince some persons here. No problem for me.
    I guess questions from persons involved here will not be answered by
    me in the future! I will consider this sincerely! I spend my time in given
    a proper answer and when one does not accept the given answer, find
    someone else to give a proper solution! Basta!

I do not see the humor. Sorry!
    Wim your opinion was greatly appreciated and I did thank you in a private message multiple times. I do and did take your analysis seriously. The posting of the girl was a photo of her looking at the sign and seemed timely given our looking at the plate closely. It was in gest and I think your taking it the wrong way. No offense was meant. If your research says the plate is post war then I respect that. You and John can agree to disagree on period or post war. I am man enough to accept your opinions and analysis. No changing or convincing me is needed from you. I am not looking for solutions as John Offered to take back the plate no questions asked. Thanks and apologies if you did not feel appreciated. Not my intent.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD Plaque & Train Sign
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by John T View Post
    good meeting you at the show, it was at Mike's tables as I recall, not too many shows in NY to go too, the guys in the midwest have one every weekend,
    Yes John it was at our friend Mikes table. He's a good guy. I buy many items from him.

I wish we had more local shows here.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I am not a collector of Arbeitsdienst things, but I am very involved in this site. I esteem Wim in the highest terms, and I am a customer with great satisfaction
    of John Telesmanich whom I also respect and salute in this space. I shamelessly cadge his superb images, which are first rate and his textile archive is a major public service. His pictures and those of, say, Whammond are a huge resource for the beginner. I cite them all the time, just as I cite Wim's books on a daily basis.
    Wim has enormous experience and learning of a staggering kind. I hope that all of you can resolve your disagreement with patience and good humor,
    as hundreds and thousands benefit from both of you, especially myself. I am sure I speak for others who are grateful to you both.
    There are hundreds of sharp edges in this material, and a frank and mutual exchange about the evidence is our goal here.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I am not a collector of Arbeitsdienst things, but I am very involved in this site. I esteem Wim in the highest terms, and I am a customer with great satisfaction
    of John Telesmanich whom I also respect and salute in this space. I shamelessly cadge his superb images, which are first rate and his textile archive is a major public service. His pictures and those of, say, Whammond are a huge resource for the beginner. I cite them all the time, just as I cite Wim's books on a daily basis.
    Wim has enormous experience and learning of a staggering kind. I hope that all of you can resolve your disagreement with patience and good humor,
    as hundreds and thousands benefit from both of you, especially myself. I am sure I speak for others who are grateful to you both.
    There are hundreds of sharp edges in this material, and a frank and mutual exchange about the evidence is our goal here.
    Thank you FB!!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thank you FB!!!
    The issue is usually what interests we share in common versus the things that habitually drive us apart.

My point of view is a relic of the 19th or 20th century, but I shall not abandon it in the face of mounting barbarism.

?

All is well with Wim and Myself.
    All is well with John and Myself.
    Two guys...well respected by many.
    The Moon and the Sun will never align always.
    Not letting the Sunset on each other is the goal.
    Iron sharpens Iron.

Rossi is moving on.

I have no idea on the RAD plaque as I have never encountered one before. I applaud all who participated in this thread for keeping things calm.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I started collecting in 1969. In August 1970 I did own such an oval RAD-shield.
    When I sold it a few years later, the guy who bought had made fakes from it at a
    moulding shop nearby. Ten he had made of them. They did not cost much. None
    of them had the hook, just the original one had it. I have seen also others in Germany
    from which I thought they could be fakes. None of them had hooks either (the shown
    shield in post 1 is an original item, no doubt about it, but I already have said this).
    I cannot remember the unit number nor the name from the one I had. I did not
    catalogue yet my collection.

RAD Plaque & Train Sign

I tried to enlarge the shield, but still I can't make out what is written there.

?

Oval RAD Shield and Train Plate is being returned. John Telesmanich is still and will always be a go to dealer for me and many of you. John immediately & simply said if you are not happy or have any doubts please return them for a refund. He is a man of integrity and we should be so lucky to have a quality Militaria Dealer to work with in our hobby. John is at Top of my Short List of Quality Dealers and will remain there going forward.

Rossi

?

Closing the Thread. Thanks to all who contributed. Be well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4