Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

RAD Weapon of Choice

Article about: Thats why its in the "Bunker" off limits to the wife - Horst

Default Re: RAD Weapon of Choice

looks like you have a really nice collection. how long have you been collecting this ww2 german.as soon as i figure this comp out will post my collection.thanks again for sharing.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD Weapon of Choice
    P
    Many

?

45+ years - looking forward to seeing your collection.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

Beautiful Display Horst. Love the spade as well. Not very often we get to view one of these, especially in that shape. It looks right at home down there in the bunker.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Weapon of Choice  

horst, my nieghbor is going to show me this week how too get pics on the site.i think you will like what i have. have gained alot of knowledge on this site as too what too look for and what to stay away from.before i discovered the site, i did end up w/some things that i now know arent oringnal.but thats the cost of learning. but i have also done very well on some items that are orignal.anyway looking forward to posting and to get your opinion on what i have.boy it doesnot take long to get a pile of money tied up in this stuff.was vey fortunate to meet an elderly gentleman locally that also collected for a long time and his health is not in the best shape. he has been more than fair on his pricing. i think he just wants to find a good home for his ww2 german.I think he would rather sell to someone that wants to keep it, than to sell it and have someone make a profit.(garden state )are you in usa sounds like new jersy. thanks again

Very rare item indeed, absolutely fantastic.
    your bunker looks great also.
    Thanks for showing.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

?

Why is it the RAD men are always seen with a square-ended shovel but their badges always show pointed shovels on them? Enquiring minds want to know.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

zwerge - thats easy - before the RAD there was the FAD(Freiwillige Arbeitsdiebst) which had its main symbol the square Spade as is shown on the unit FAD standard below.In June of 1935 Konstantin Hierl the newly appointed Reichsarbeitfuhrer of the NSDAP RAD didnt want to use the old FAD symbols and initiated the new Spade symbols, uniforms ,rank etc.Hope this helps clear the spade issue up for you.

Horst

RAD Weapon of Choice
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

Thanks for digging that info up for me,here is a pic of KH inspecting the troops.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Weapon of Choice  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by Horst View Post
    "(if rich or poor I will make you equal)".
    This sounds very nice if you are poor but I imagine the rich might feel a bit threatened

Horst, a very cool piece of history and the first that I have seen. If I had one laying around my wife would probably use it to clean up dog poop!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast