Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Reich Chancellery marble

Article about: Oh, now I see her!.........lol

JMM
    ?

Default Re: Reich Chancellery marble

Quote by danno81 View Post
    Actually - Here is the Chancellery Site and what the former Fuhrer Bunker Site now isAttachment 314572

and was
    Attachment 314582

There are still items around the Chancellery site that one can find "pieces of it - although not as it was back in 1989 - 90 when they were destroying the area. Below are several large chunks of it sitting around the former building's site.
    Attachment 314573
    Attachment 314574

Here is an item I picked up in 1990... rebar from the actual Fuhrer Bunker. I grabbed a few pieces - it is under the signed postcard of hitler, now all in the display case. The pieces were literally lying all over from the destruction using explosives back in 90 and the early years of that decade. The signed photo of adolf has the full history and providence with it, and a spoon from the Berghof brought back to the States by Lt. Luhring of the 101st Abn when they occupied that site is in the case too. The two additional photos in the case to the right of the spoon with the woman who was shaking hitler's hand is the person who received the autograph back during the war.

As mention above, if you find the right dealers, and in this case I have known the ones I bought the spoon and other signed item from for decades... you can still find some really cool items - however as mentioned, it is really tough to find these guys.
    Attachment 314575

With your interest in the pieces of history... here are a few items I have collected over the years. I enjoy these more than most things as when you get onsite, one can literally pickup pieces of history that is lying around all over the place in Europe.

I would like to get to the South Pacific at some point, and see what is still there. You all have a wealth of materials and I have been fortunate enough to get a few things from Marine Salvagers from Japanese Warships that have surfaced.
    Attachment 314580Attachment 314579Attachment 314578Attachment 314577

Here is where much of the marble from the Reichs Chancellery ended up - the Mohrenstrasse subway station
    Attachment 314583Attachment 314584

Here is a piece of a part of a German Eagle that was picked up near Templehof during the Berlin Airlift by an Actual American Crew member I met once - he brought this home, and was selling off the few items he had.
    Attachment 314576

Keep looking as you will find the right person. The links I sent you I have had good luck with, but they were not the dealer I purchased the spoon and photo from. If I can help you out from over here in the states, I'll be glad to keep an eye out. There is still some really great stuff... but as with daggers, medals, and helmets - there is a lot of garbage being floated out here too.. and having just returned from the SOS, it becomes ever more evident that is more and more the case. Some really great materials were there at the show, but some very questionable items too... likewise, there is some outright junk. Like you though - the materials one can pick up from the sites are wonderful and as real as it gets.
    Hi Danno81

Very nice collection you got there; and very well displayed. I do agree with you - one has to meet the right dealer but one has to be lucky too. I sometimes prefer "bits" and "pieces" than medals because they can tell you History. Those Chancellary pieces are great (if I only could my hands on one...). Congratulations and thank you for sharing this History moment with us

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reich Chancellery marble
    P
    Many

Quote by danno81 View Post
    Actually - Here is the Chancellery Site and what the former Fuhrer Bunker Site now isAttachment 314572

and was
    Attachment 314582

There are still items around the Chancellery site that one can find "pieces of it - although not as it was back in 1989 - 90 when they were destroying the area. Below are several large chunks of it sitting around the former building's site.
    Attachment 314573
    Attachment 314574

Here is an item I picked up in 1990... rebar from the actual Fuhrer Bunker. I grabbed a few pieces - it is under the signed postcard of hitler, now all in the display case. The pieces were literally lying all over from the destruction using explosives back in 90 and the early years of that decade. The signed photo of adolf has the full history and providence with it, and a spoon from the Berghof brought back to the States by Lt. Luhring of the 101st Abn when they occupied that site is in the case too. The two additional photos in the case to the right of the spoon with the woman who was shaking hitler's hand is the person who received the autograph back during the war.

As mention above, if you find the right dealers, and in this case I have known the ones I bought the spoon and other signed item from for decades... you can still find some really cool items - however as mentioned, it is really tough to find these guys.
    Attachment 314575

With your interest in the pieces of history... here are a few items I have collected over the years. I enjoy these more than most things as when you get onsite, one can literally pickup pieces of history that is lying around all over the place in Europe.

I would like to get to the South Pacific at some point, and see what is still there. You all have a wealth of materials and I have been fortunate enough to get a few things from Marine Salvagers from Japanese Warships that have surfaced.
    Attachment 314580Attachment 314579Attachment 314578Attachment 314577

Here is where much of the marble from the Reichs Chancellery ended up - the Mohrenstrasse subway station
    Attachment 314583Attachment 314584

Here is a piece of a part of a German Eagle that was picked up near Templehof during the Berlin Airlift by an Actual American Crew member I met once - he brought this home, and was selling off the few items he had.
    Attachment 314576

Keep looking as you will find the right person. The links I sent you I have had good luck with, but they were not the dealer I purchased the spoon and photo from. If I can help you out from over here in the states, I'll be glad to keep an eye out. There is still some really great stuff... but as with daggers, medals, and helmets - there is a lot of garbage being floated out here too.. and having just returned from the SOS, it becomes ever more evident that is more and more the case. Some really great materials were there at the show, but some very questionable items too... likewise, there is some outright junk. Like you though - the materials one can pick up from the sites are wonderful and as real as it gets.
    Fantastic collection mate! I love the way you have displayed them all, they look absolutely terrific. That is also the sort of thing I like, to some people they might just look like a piece of old tile or concrete but its knowing where they are from and when they are from that brings the stories to life. I agree with you though, it is difficult to know what is the real deal and what is just old junk unless you pick it up yourself, unfortunately living in Australia does have some disadvantages and the distance to the ww2 European historic sites is just so great that I can't readily get there to pick up these things myself. Please PM me if you want to part with any of your pieces, but I don't blame you if you don't want to. Thanks for commenting mate and showing your terrific collection.

?

Gee the only thing I have is a brick from Ned Kelly's child homes chimney!!!! And a pine cone from a pine tree that was planted from a cutting of the originsl lone pine, from gllipoli at Victoria barracks melbourne....it has seeds in it si I'm going to grow my own lone pine!!!!

Quote by AMTG View Post
    Gee the only thing I have is a brick from Ned Kelly's child homes chimney!!!! And a pine cone from a pine tree that was planted from a cutting of the originsl lone pine, from gllipoli at Victoria barracks melbourne....it has seeds in it si I'm going to grow my own lone pine!!!!
    I have heaps of Kelly gang related bits & pieces, another hobby of mine!

?

Kelly is a hobby of mine as well, been to sll the sites around Victoria......going to buy my own set of armour hand made by the blacksmith at glenrowan....beautifully made

Anytime....glad you liked them! I always enjoy sharing photos of items that folks have an interest in. Likewise, this forum is a fabulous place I have found with so many great collectors.

?

sandgroper, go to Berlin and check out the Russian war memorial there. Plenty of Reich Kanzlei marble went into the building of that

?

Quote by operaman View Post
    I know where you can find ton's of marble.The subway station in Moscow ,the walls are lined with it. War booty
    'The subway station in Moscow?' - there are quite a few more metro stations in Moscow than just one.

BTW the Russian Metro is absolutely fantastic to travel. I went there and you can easily spend days visiting the different stations alone. Some have giant statues with themes from WWII.

(must have missed the one with the reich Kanzlei marble though).

I have never been to Moscow,just repeating what I saw on a Documentary on the History channel.I would assume that Moscow has a central station.That would be a good place to start

Hiya, here is a nice bit of Newsreel with some ATS girl in Berlin in 1945 in the Reichs chancellery: just watch the girl with the axe!

ATS GIRLS SIGHTSEEING - BERLIN - British Pathé

Cheers, Lez.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast