Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Reich Chancellery marble

Article about: Oh, now I see her!.........lol

?

Default Re: Reich Chancellery marble

Quote by larissa View Post
    Hiya, here is a nice bit of Newsreel with some ATS girl in Berlin in 1945 in the Reichs chancellery: just watch the girl with the axe!

ATS GIRLS SIGHTSEEING - BERLIN - British Pathé

Cheers, Lez.
    Cracking video that Lez, thanks for posting it. That girl looks rather dangerous, the way she is wielding that axe! Pity she couldn't get that adler down eh?!

Regards,

Carl

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reich Chancellery marble
    P
    Many

?

I was thinking the exact same thing. Her wielding the axe and other girls poking their fingers in the marbe bits, when she raised the axe before striking again.
    Cringe worthy.
    Just an accident waiting to happen.

I've just now managed to watch this video, you can really see in the faces of the ladies the pride in the fact that they are walking through Hitlers Chancellery, the scene of the end of the Third reich, as victors and they are relishing every moment, great stuff! Thanks Lez

?

Quote by danno81 View Post
    Hi - are these the items you are seeking? I found the piece of the marble tile from the Mosaic Hall from the Chancellery at this site:

USM Rare Books LIST OF ITEMS FOR SALE,

I don't know if the dealer can obtain more, but he did have numerous pieces in the past. The marble was signed on the base by Ray and Josephine Cowdery who published a wonderful book on the Chancellery - titled "The New German Reichschancellery in Berlin 1938-1945. They had done extensive research into this site. The tiles as mentioned below are also shown in this book, p 110. Across from the site of the former Chancellery is the Mohrenstrasse subway station - if you go there the entire place is lined with this bright red marble as shown in the photos. The Soviets put the materials to use in Berlin.

The tile came from the Kitchen area of the Chancellery, and those were years ago listed on eBay. The remaining ones are now on sale at:

unique original tiles from Adolf Hitler's Reichskanzlei New Reichschancellery

Likewise, if you decide to venture to Berlin, there are numerous spots to find "pieces" of history about... I was fortunate enough to have been there shortly after they blew-up the Berlin Fuhrer Bunker - and picked up a few pieces of the rebar from it. Today unfortunately, it is a parking lot and a park surrounded by apartments, there isn't much to find. But in other areas, it is just the opposite.

Good luck!

Attachment 309824Attachment 309825Attachment 309826Attachment 309827
    I am always afraid to buy a fake piece. However, I am lucky to get the piece as shown in Cowdery's book, at least to have some sort of "guarantee". They told me they cut this piece into 3 pieces. Attachment 365415Attachment 365416Attachment 365417

You are very lucky to have that, I'd be happy with it too.

?

Although it comes with the certificate, but to me it is much better to have it shown in the book otherwise it is always be a risk to spend that amount for a so-called genuine piece. Perhaps to contact Cowdery to see how to contact the owner of the remaining 2 pieces.
    Attachment 365432Attachment 365433Attachment 365434

- - Updated - -

Attachment 365435Attachment 365436Attachment 365437
    Quote by chen View Post
    Although it comes with the certificate, but to me it is much better to have it shown in the book otherwise it is always be a risk to spend that amount for a so-called genuine piece. Perhaps to contact Cowdery to see how to contact the owner of the remaining 2 pieces.
    Attachment 365432Attachment 365433Attachment 365434

Not a bad idea, I might look into that.

?

These 2 images show the past popularity of this marble.
    Attachment 365464Attachment 365465

- - Updated - -

imagesAttachment 365466Attachment 365467

I've just had another look at the pic in post #46 and I can see the price, I would like a piece of this marble but I wouldn't pay $1500 for a lump of rock, that is almost the same as a return airline ticket from here to Berlin. I would rather fly to Berlin and take my chances of finding a piece in the dirt. Thanks anyway mate, Dave.

G'day gents,
    I'd just like to revive this old thread to share with you all something new which I have just received in the mail today, it is a piece of stone or concrete from the Reich Chancellery in Berlin and a small piece of the reinforcement iron bar from the Fuhrerbunker. These two pieces may not mean a great deal to many here but I think they are fantastic and they mean a lot to me. I owe a huge thankyou to forum member danno81 who very generously gifted these two pieces to me, and paid for the postage to send them to me. Dan picked them up himself in Berlin in the 90's when the Chancellery site was being cleared for development, he also sent me a photo of the stone in situ which I will find and attach here also. Dan, thanks mate, you are a gentleman indeed and there is always a cold beer in my fridge with your name on it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reich Chancellery marble  

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast