Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Reich Chancellery marble

Article about: Oh, now I see her!.........lol

?

Default Re: Reich Chancellery marble

A nice addition to your display Dave. How is it all shaping up now?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reich Chancellery marble
    P
    Many

G'day Carl, thanks mate. It is in limbo at the moment because I keep changing my mind on how to do it! I still have the large poster sized picture of the ruined Reichstag but I'm now thinking about building a model of the bunker complex to give it all a bit of a 3D display. I'll figure something out eventually that I'm happy with, I'm sure you know what its like mate!lol

Here are a couple of pics Dan sent me of the piece of Chancelley that my small piece came from - he didn't break it off, it was just lying there.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reich Chancellery marble   Reich Chancellery marble  

Here's a pic of my Reich Chancellery and Fuhrerbunker collection as it stands at the moment.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reich Chancellery marble  

JMM
    ?

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    G'day gents,
    I'd just like to revive this old thread to share with you all something new which I have just received in the mail today, it is a piece of stone or concrete from the Reich Chancellery in Berlin and a small piece of the reinforcement iron bar from the Fuhrerbunker. These two pieces may not mean a great deal to many here but I think they are fantastic and they mean a lot to me. I owe a huge thankyou to forum member danno81 who very generously gifted these two pieces to me, and paid for the postage to send them to me. Dan picked them up himself in Berlin in the 90's when the Chancellery site was being cleared for development, he also sent me a photo of the stone in situ which I will find and attach here also. Dan, thanks mate, you are a gentleman indeed and there is always a cold beer in my fridge with your name on it.
    Hi Dave

I must say you're a VERY lucky guy. And Dan sure was a true friend. You will always have to thank him for that. Like you I'm very interested on that and those two rocks also mean a lot to me (I wish I could also have a small piece...)
    Thanks for showing (and if you have an extra small piece, remember me )

I am lucky mate, and I know it! It was very generous of Dan to do that as I know he doesn't have a lot himself, and I will be thanking him for a long time!

Great to see that they arrived safe and sound Dave. They look great and I know will look great with your display when you get it all together. Well done

Jason

Davo

That is a wonderful gift to be given! Dan was generous and thoughtful. Can't wait to see the final results!

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Great thread to read and nice gesture.

It made me think about items such as these where the only real value is for those of us who love 'feeling' the history of items that 'were there and saw it' which to anyone not interested would be/are just an 'old lump of rock'.

It made me go and dig out a similar find that a lot of people just 'wouldn't get' but I suspect those reading this thread will appreciate it!!

Its a small piece of Colditz Castle. I was there just after the wall came down and was with a guy who had been a prisoner there. He told us all about Airey Neave's escape, dressed as a German officer and just walking out through the guardhouse with his Dutch comrade. As they left the guardroom they even had the cheek to ask one of the sentries on duty why he hadn't saluted!! This piece came right by where that was said to have happened, and I just love the thought 'it was there' and saw that and if only it could talk... But I guess you all 'get' what I am poorly trying to communicate.

Anyway here it is... piece of stone... but one with a story!!

Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reich Chancellery marble  

JMM
    ?

Yes Steve, it's GREAT to be able to "feel" history
    Great piece you got there, mate. Love it!

I definitely "get it" Steve, and it's a great piece of rock!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast