Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reichkanzlei coat check

Article about: G'day all, Just interested in everyone's opinion on this piece, it is supposedly a women's coat check from the reichkanzlei in Berlin. I've never seen anything like this before but I have a

Default Reichkanzlei coat check

G'day all,
    Just interested in everyone's opinion on this piece, it is supposedly a women's coat check from the reichkanzlei in Berlin. I've never seen anything like this before but I have a keen interest in anything to do with the chancellery so I am interested in this but, of course, only if it is what it purports to be and is an original pre 1945 piece. Has anyone seen anything like this before and do you think it stands a chance of being dinkum. Any opinions are appreciated. I have to head out for a couple of hours but will check in when I get back,
    Thanks fellas,
    Dave.Reichkanzlei coat checkReichkanzlei coat check

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichkanzlei coat check
    P
    Many

It doesn't look like anything I've ever seen before either, so I'd be doubly cautious with it. What is it made of and is it reasonably priced?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks William, it is made of aluminium and it's $150. I'd better get going or I'll get shot! I'll check back in a couple of hours, thanks again fellas.

To My decrepit eyes,anyway, it doesn't look like it has much age to it. The hole, for example, doesn't appear to have any wear to it from being hung on anything like a rod or wire, and the black writing shows no signs of being handled with fingers. Personally, I don't think I'd chance $150 dollars on it, but I could be wrong, of course.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

More like the 'Reichkanzlei WC'. I'd be cautious
    with this piece too.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks for the input gents, I think you are both right and I think I might leave this piece for someone else to pick up,
    Cheers,
    Dave.

I've seen these before, and they were considered bogus at the time if I recall? Tread cautiously 'Groper.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Davo

Gut feeling is, the item is iffy. Don't do it!!! lol. I would agree with the gents above. Sounds like you have also.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

This is on Wittmann's site btw, maybe send him an email and ask for more details on this piece, I doubt he would sell anything questionable but you never know when money is involved lol.

Wittmann is as fine dealer and tries to do his best. He occasionally steps out of his area of expertise but does stand behind his guarantee. Nice guy by the way too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast