Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reichkanzlei cutlery

Article about: G'day gents, Just wondering what you boys think about this fork, allegedly it is from the old reich chancellery. I wondered about the engraving, it looks old but why is it that the engraving

Default Reichkanzlei cutlery

G'day gents,
    Just wondering what you boys think about this fork, allegedly it is from the old reich chancellery. I wondered about the engraving, it looks old but why is it that the engraving on the first couple of letters seems deeper than the last couple of letters? Surely something made for the chancellery should be of the highest quality, would this have passed muster? The "FU" in fuhrer has been struck deeper than the "ER" to my eye. What are your thoughts boys?Reichkanzlei cutleryReichkanzlei cutlery

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichkanzlei cutlery
    P
    Many

Very poor quality, i think the real items had an eagle with the initials AH or RK for Reichkanzlei!...

The ones for the new reich chancellery had the eagle and the RK but this one is supposedly from the old reich chancellery - whether there was a difference or not I don't know. I personally don't think the quality is there in this piece, I think the engraving should be more uniform than it is. Looks like an old fork that's been tarted up to be something it's not. Seems to be heaps of these things turning up of late! Thanks Paul.

Ah gotcha, still pretty poor quality for the head of state!...

If you gave it me, the best it could hope for would be residing in half empty can of Kitty Chunks for it's entire existence....It's obviously junk, to me anyway.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    If you gave it me, the best it could hope for would be residing in half empty can of Kitty Chunks for it's entire existence....It's obviously junk, to me anyway.
    An ideal gift for some body who has a cat called Kanzlei des fuhrers!....

I thought as much, cheers boys! Who's making these bloody things? They just seem to be popping up everywhere!

It's an easy dollar, same as the crap glassware that's being shown here right now. There's always someone who'll buy it, no matter what.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I think you're right there Ned, I suppose all it takes is an old fork, an engraver and a steady hand and presto! You've got a fork fit for cat food!

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    It's very annoying, when you sit on the fence, Ned.
    One has to read and re-read your post in order to see, if you like or dislike the cutlery.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast