Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reichsbahn Eagle opinions

Article about: I received this eagle as a donation from a man who said it belonged to his grandfather who served in the 896th AAA (AW) in WWII (he was a Warrant Officer). It's 24 inches in wingspan, has in

?

Default Reichsbahn Eagle opinions

I received this eagle as a donation from a man who said it belonged to his grandfather who served in the 896th AAA (AW) in WWII (he was a Warrant Officer). It's 24 inches in wingspan, has incised markings, and the threaded posts are approx. 2CM tall and 1.5CM wide. It has an evenly "dull" finish (i.e. not polished) on the obverse while the back has remains of a Panzer -grey colored paint. Thoughts and opinions are appreciated.

Reply here or to curator@mvmhm.com - thanks!

Mark sends
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsbahn Eagle opinions   Reichsbahn Eagle opinions  

Reichsbahn Eagle opinions   Reichsbahn Eagle opinions  

Reichsbahn Eagle opinions   Reichsbahn Eagle opinions  

Attached Images Attached Images Reichsbahn Eagle opinions 
    Last edited by MVMHM; 02-28-2013 at 04:45 AM.
    Mark Conrad, MSgt, USAF (Ret)

"Poor is the nation that has no Heroes...shameful is the one having them that forgets."

The Miami Valley Military History Museum: www.mvmhm.com

Official Partner of the United States of America Vietnam War Commemoration: www.vietnamwar50th.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsbahn Eagle opinions
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Reichsbahn Eagle opinions

Better pictures of the bosses would confirm it for sure, but it looks legitimate.
    Regards,
    John

Looks like a good "HE" eagle. Closer pics of the front and back would be good.
    Welcome to the Forum, Mark!

Luke

?

Thanks! I see you're from OH too...if you're near Dayton, stop in and say hey....

Mark sends

"Poor is the nation that has no Heroes...shameful is the one having them that forgets."

Official Partner of the United States of America Vietnam War Commemoration: www.vietnamwar50th.com

Yeah, I see that. I'm not close at all. I'm all the way over by Steubenville.

Luke

?

Well, we host a 2 day veterans festival Memorial Day weekend, so that would make a good weekend trip for you!

Mark sends

Haha, yes it would! I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

Luke

I don't know much about these eagles but I really like the look of this one. Some one should be along to confirm its authentic shortly. Best Regards, Rob

Mark: I was just checking out the website for the Miami Valley Military History Museum. Really nice! Great to have you aboard.

Luke

?

We're not big and sexy like the Air Force Museum, but for a $0 budget, we do OK! Here's our facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-M...11268115594349

Mark sends

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast