Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reichsnahrstand enamel sign ; good or bad?

Article about: Been spending a few hours online today looking at interesting TR enamel signs and i happened upon this one. Very worn etc. but, like I said. just looking and trying to learn for now. Anyone

Default Reichsnahrstand enamel sign ; good or bad?

Been spending a few hours online today looking at interesting TR enamel signs and i happened upon this one. Very worn etc. but, like I said. just looking and trying to learn for now. Anyone have any info on these? Is this example authentic or no..?

Reichsnahrstand enamel sign ; good or bad?Reichsnahrstand enamel sign ; good or bad?Reichsnahrstand enamel sign ; good or bad?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsnahrstand enamel sign ; good or bad?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Reichsnahrstand enamel sign ; good or bad?

Usually fake signs do not use this heavy porcelain finish - it is just too expensive to do what they did originally. You can see the chipping that enameled or "painted and weathered" repros do NOT have.

I would give it a home!
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

It's taken some pretty hard knocks over it's lifetime, but it's an original farmer's association sign.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The Condition is very bad but it is not a Fake.

Thanks for the input, guys! Unfortunately it seems like it's already sold but at least now I have a slightly better idea of what to look for in a genuine example... as long as I can find a good one I think this type will be my first enamel sign. Nice size and design, and not too pricey either...

Can anyone here supply an image/images of a 100% original Reichsnahrstand sign ? (preferably one that you've handled/own yourself)

I've noticed that there's quite a few differences in the font used on examples being offered as genuine examples... any help on this would be appreciated!

Maybe of interest:
    Wall Plaques and Official Office Signboards of Hitler's Germany, 1933-1945
    where you can find lots of enameled signs, photographs, explanations and sizes!

Thank you for the suggestion, Wilhelm! I'm actually just about to order myself a copy from nsdapuniforms as I've found that this is a subject of great interest to me!

But, in the meantime, I'd very much appreciate it if anyone could provide a good image of another verified genuine example. Studying the various examples online reveals that there's several different types... at least there's a lot of differences in the design of the eagle, font etc. Quite confusing to be honest..

So far I've found 5 different types of this sign. Just for kicks I'll post images of these below so that those interested can see the differences--- I'm thinking there's 1-2 repros in there (at least they seem to be the odd ones out with regards to design etc.), just my humble 2nd day novice opinion.

Photo credit goes to the respective owners incl. WAF posters "Ostarrichi997" and "roche"

Reichsnahrstand enamel sign ; good or bad?Reichsnahrstand enamel sign ; good or bad?Reichsnahrstand enamel sign ; good or bad?Reichsnahrstand enamel sign ; good or bad?Reichsnahrstand enamel sign ; good or bad?

It would be cool if someone could elaborate on this topic a bit, as I've come to understand there were a lot of reproductions made of TR enamel signs in the 70s (?) and I'm guessing that this type was among the ones reproduced as well.

Any other opinions and/or immediate thoughts are also most welcome

Slados28

Good point, how confusing! I have looked at severs NSDAP signs to go with my collection and have hit a similar wall. I suppose if you see a clear picture with one of these in it, you may get your answer. Do move forward carefully, as it seems it's a minefield with these signs.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast