Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Rememberence Plaque 3rd SS Totenkopf Div

Article about: Hi guys , thought i would share this piece i picked up the other day , a rememberence plaque ,was said to belong to old soldat from the 3rd SS Totenkopf Panzer Division , either way a nice p

Default Rememberence Plaque 3rd SS Totenkopf Div

Hi guys , thought i would share this piece i picked up the other day , a rememberence plaque ,was said to belong to old soldat from the 3rd SS Totenkopf Panzer Division , either way a nice piece i think , cheers Raymond
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rememberence Plaque 3rd SS Totenkopf Div  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rememberence Plaque 3rd SS Totenkopf Div
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Rememberence Plaque 3rd SS Totenkopf Div

Raymond - cant make out the wording is it danke dran???

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

Raymond i can't see anyhting on it that refers to Totenkopf ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

nice plaque, i have a chance to buy one like it if you don't mind how much did you pay for it?

Hello guys , Yes Horst the wording is Danke Dran , was told it means Remember Them , sorry the pictures not the clearest .
    Paul , i thought the deaths head would have some implication of Totenkopf , plus they guy i got it from said it came from old guy that was in that division.
    Waffenshane i payed 35 English pounds for it , cheers guys Raymond

?

Raymond the Deaths head could refer to any unit , if it was a vet piece to the T Division ( or indeed any other unit ) it would mention the unit somewhere as that is what a vet would be proud of, must admit mate i'm not too keen on it ,

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Danke is thanks and dran doesn't refer to remembering at all, can anyone else explain the phrase ??

1st July 1916

In my poor self taught German "danke dran" = thank off

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Fella's,

"danke dran" means "with thanks" as near as damn it. I apologise if i'm out of order on this, but it looks like something Knocked up for 3rd place in a pub darts competition. Clearer pictures would be of benefit to show up the quality of the TK and other components, but, to me, it has the gluey fingerprints of the forger all over it.

Hey, i hope i'm wrong, but it looks too cheap to me, just my opinion.

Absit Invidia, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Guys , i have to disagree withsome of the comments made here .Firstly i want to make it clear i feel this is a post war commritive piece .
    Secondly i dont feel that every vet owned item relateing to the third richt period of this nature would have to be unit marked . The deaths head alone speakes volumes.
    If the words Danke dran do mean , with thanks , then thanks for what , for servives rendered .Theres nothing to say these werent presented to ex service men at a reunion ,or some other function in the 50s 60s 70s , there could be many reasons why these were made and presented.
    Thirdly to say this looks like something knocked up for 3rd place in a pub darts competion is a bit over the top , as the following pictures show its not some piece of mass produced junk or something some one has made in the shed .The parts are nicely made , are of metal , and of good quality .The name plate and the oak leaves are secured to the plaque by metal pins , as is the plate on the back .The wear on the high spots is consistant with something that has been around for some time .
    I think to many times when items like this turn up out of the blue they are writen of as fake or fantacy items . If it were a fantancy item i would have thought it would have more appealing items adorning it , SS runes , Swastica , unit markings ,soldats name , i cant see the point in going to the trouble of makeing an item with its main purpose is to say thanks ..
    If anyone can show me some solid evidence as to it being a fantacy piece ,i would gladly eat my words , cheers Raymond

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast