Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Rome-Berlin tapestry

Article about: Hi all...someone has some informations if this tapestry may be period done??or some reference book to study items such this?? many thanks...it's 1,76 x 1,26 m. Many thanks

Default Rome-Berlin tapestry

Hi all...someone has some informations if this tapestry may be period done??or some reference book to study items such this?? many thanks...it's 1,76 x 1,26 m.
    Many thanks
    Rome-Berlin tapestryRome-Berlin tapestryRome-Berlin tapestryRome-Berlin tapestry

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rome-Berlin tapestry
    P
    Many

Sorry; I can't be of much help here, but I really like it.

Needless to say, this is not a political statement, but I appreciate its aesthetic quality and the thought that went into the selection and composure of the symbols for the Berlin-Rome axis.

Instantly recognizable and rather harmonic in style, the Vittoriano and the Brandenburger Tor simultaneously represent both Italy and Germany as national symbols and the nations' capitals of Rome and Berlin as their major landmarks.

The small inserts show Naples and Nuremberg, the sites of the annual party congresses of, respectively, the PNF and the NSDAP.

The main symbols of the two movements - the Fasces and the Swastika - are displayed on the pillar separating the "Italian" and the "German" half of the artwork.

i appreciate very much your opinion...of course no politics here...but only an aestetic judgment...thanks a lot

?

There have been a few of these for sale over the past years, currently there is one for sale on the WAF which includes info relative to the item - Looks great by the way.
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Happy to know that it's not a fantasy piece but some others appeared...thanks Horst