Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Rommel Drawing

Article about: Just keep at it and you will get better

?

Pretty good - especially for a 13 year old!

(I'm also an artist - well I draw comics - so nice to see the works of another)

Cheers,
    Fabe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rommel Drawing
    P
    Many

Thats pretty amazing. I could never draw faces. I do like making technical sketches though, I have also made some decent uniform drawings in my spare time. I also make some 3d computer models, but thats about as far as my art skills go. Really a great drawing.

?

Well guys, I've done my final touch-ups to it and will post it in an hour and a half. Also, this is not the last general I will draw. I'm going to draw MacArthur next, then after that I'm thinking about drawing Guderian. I'll also be drawing iconic people like 101st paratroopers, also tankers including Knispel,(scene with bloody bandage around head), or wittman. Tell me what you guys want next.

?

Quote by WillC View Post
    No I haven't had any classes. It comes naturally
    If you don't mind a little advice from an old art teacher. When it is possible for you to take drawing classes enroll in them. You have a lot going for you lad. You are precocious with a natural talent that can be developed into a fine artist with some effort on your part. You will learn about gesture drawing, forshortening and 1, 2 , 3, etc persepective. One bright light at the end of the tunnel when you get older you get to draw nude female models in life drawing classes. usually in college. Fine art can be a glorious pursuit.
    Start mowing lawns and save for art supplies. You want to buy 4b, 6b and 8b pencils now when you can. They will cost a $1.50 to $2.00 a piece but you will like the darker lead and it is easy to blend with your finger tip.
    B is the designation for soft lead. H is for hard. I don't use H pencils. I prefer soft lead.

Quote by WillC View Post
    As a few of you saw, I had previously drawn a WSS soldier which was pretty bad. Well I promised you guys a great drawing so here you go. I give you Rommel.Attachment 645907

Did you trace it...... Note the cord on the cap!

Here is a very similar picture
    Erwin Rommel Drawing by Dennis Larson - Erwin Rommel Fine Art Prints and Posters for Sale
    Rommel Drawing

Do a original picture and show us

?

Traced or not traced you still did an excellent job with the shading and facial structure! Keep it up!

?

No I used a reference picture from my book, DK history ww2. Also the cords were also done fee-hand. I've been drawing since I was four, I got talent. Also I'm guessing we used the same reference photo.

Period postcard of Rommel:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rommel Drawing  
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by WillC View Post
    ... I promised you guys a great drawing so here you go…
    Quote by WillC View Post
    ...I think I can say Im pretty damn good at this.
    Quote by WillC View Post
    No I haven't had any classes. It comes naturally
    Quote by WillC View Post
    ... I've been drawing since I was four, I got talent...
    You just have to love the modesty of a thirteen year old these days

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast