Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Mann poster art

Article about: Ladies and Gents Here is a nice looking print I recently acquired. I know nothing of art so some opinions would be great. It looks like a period piece with ageing paper but that's as far as

Default SA Mann poster art

Ladies and Gents

Here is a nice looking print I recently acquired. I know nothing of art so some opinions would be great. It looks like a period piece with ageing paper but that's as far as I go with art. Some photos have common items with the poster for size reference. I've had it for a short while and finally located a frame for it. Now to hang it!

Here's a link with one like it.

Flechtner: Military Gift for the 46 Birthday of the Führer 1935.

Mark

SA Mann poster artSA Mann poster artSA Mann poster artSA Mann poster artSA Mann poster art
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Mann poster art
    P
    Many

A really nice poster Mark. Does $1,500 seem a bit
    steep though.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    A really nice poster Mark. Does $1,500 seem a bit
    steep though.........?
    Hi Steve, I knew you would like this one $1500 is not too steep, Steve. It's INSANE, lol. There are nuts out there to pay it though. I happened across that website after I took the print home, and had a good laugh. I'd buy a GPB before spending that kinda cash on this.

As for your original question.....I would think $500 should/could be a dealer price?
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

A very nice print, but I tend to agree with Walkwolf and you..For that price I could purchase a great deal of items.. If I had the $$ certainly wouldn't mind owning this rare piece though.. Thanks for sharing Greenhorn..G

Thank you, Gwar.

I may have undercut the value at $500. It may be valued a bit higher but not $1500.

Mark

Well Mark, now that yours is so nicely framed,
    it should command even more - lol........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Are there any Art fans that may be able to share an opinion?

Thank you for looking.

By the way, I'm listening to Deja vu right now, one of my favorite albums.........my wife and kids must think I'm nuts Time to turn it down anyways.

Mark

?

This is a fancy document for the fundraising throughout the entire SA for the Führer's birthday present in 1936--he was given a squadron of aircraft which was designated JG 134 and subsequently named (on 24. March 1936) ' Jagdgeschwader Horst Wessel'. Pretty nice birthday present! The documents are not uncommon and usually sell for $195.00-250.00. This one was stamped and signed by the unit but does not have the donation amount filled in. Normally, this would be noted and the name of the donor is written in pencil on the front or back.
    Erich

Thanks Erich.

Good to have some info on the piece! Yes, a squadron of fighter planes would be a nice gift May I ask where you have found one for sale? I posted the single site I was able to find, and it was obviously overpriced.

Mark

?

The examples I have came from German dealers and a US collector. They come up for sale every so often--I would check Helmut Weitze's site and those of other German dealers.
    Erich

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast