Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SA storm-troopers' cigarettes

Article about: Hi guys no sure if this is the right thread ? This is a unopened pack of Nazi storm-troopers' cigarettes, found in basement in Bulgaria What do you guys think ?

Default SA storm-troopers' cigarettes

Hi guys no sure if this is the right thread ?

This is a unopened pack of Nazi storm-troopers' cigarettes, found in basement in Bulgaria
    What do you guys think ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA storm-troopers' cigarettes   SA storm-troopers' cigarettes  

SA storm-troopers' cigarettes   SA storm-troopers' cigarettes  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA storm-troopers' cigarettes
    P
    Many

That's a rare -and desirable- pack of smokes for sure, well done! I've seen the -Tin- Trommler Cigarette Cases with the same Logo sell for over $200 earlier this year...
    cheers, GLenn

?

It is amazing what turns up.

Thanks guys i thought you would like them

Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

Mart

Default German olympia cigarettes

Hi Guys, just thought I'd show you the other one, Hope you like this one too
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA storm-troopers' cigarettes   SA storm-troopers' cigarettes  

SA storm-troopers' cigarettes   SA storm-troopers' cigarettes  

Neat mementos, time capsule condition... I like the Olympic Zigaretten, because heavy smoking and sports go hand in hand, especially long distance running...

Neat item..will move to Arts and Exotica forum
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

According to Robert Proctor's book, The Nazi War on Cancer the Trommler 'Sturm' brand of cigarettes was only manufactured for a short period in the early 1930s, ending around 1934 (pp. 234-5). The cigarettes were manufactured for the SA by Trommler in Dresden, proceeds of sales helping to fund the Sturmabteilung. If this research is correct, one wonders how this packet reached Bulgaria and survived - unsmoked - everything that happened in the intervening 80 odd years.

Paper things being so easily copied, I would suggest that these be subject to a much closer examination of the printing etc. before being accepted as genuine. I believe there is a good thread somewhere on the forum about close examination of printing to distinguish modern from period.

?

Having looked a little more, I think it most likely that the Trommler packet is actually a fantasy design, as it is so different to design. font etc. to other examples (see below).

The Olympia design also makes me uneasy - would it be permitted that the national symbol be used in this way? I don't believe that this would be allowed in any case, and certainly not for a product which was officially disapproved of. It was in Nazi Germany that the causal link between smoking and cancer was first scientifically demonstrated and public health policy was actively against it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast