Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SA storm-troopers' cigarettes

Article about: Hi guys no sure if this is the right thread ? This is a unopened pack of Nazi storm-troopers' cigarettes, found in basement in Bulgaria What do you guys think ?

?

To be the "Devils Advocate" Stranger things have happened... I recently had found a "Pack" of smokes from my father in the basement from literally over 35 years ago... Who knows ?? On the side of production materials, I agree that the box and stamps look very good as far as construction and condition.. Almost "Too" new.. Do any collectors have a similar pack or pics that would de-bunk this or otherwise set this to sleep ?? G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA storm-troopers' cigarettes
    P
    Many

?

Not proof... Just pics... G
    Attached Images Attached Images SA storm-troopers' cigarettes  SA storm-troopers' cigarettes 

Many of the cigarette packs on the market today came from Cases of them found in storage in warehouses, etc, and were never handled or touched much and so, are to be found in excellent shape because of this. I do have several different packs around here-including a totally different designed pack of SA Trommler's. If I get time, I'll have to see about taking some photos of them.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Default Also From the same Basement propaganda matchboxes

Hi guys these came out the same basement, Propaganda matchboxes full and unopened, Still not yet finished going through the basement, starting to get a bit excited what else mite come out
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA storm-troopers' cigarettes   SA storm-troopers' cigarettes  

SA storm-troopers' cigarettes   SA storm-troopers' cigarettes  

Attached Images Attached Images SA storm-troopers' cigarettes 

Quote by king kong View Post
    Hi guys these came out the same basement, Propaganda matchboxes full and unopened, Still not yet finished going through the basement, starting to get a bit excited what else mite come out
    What will come out are more fantasy pieces, or more precisely old matchboxes newly decorated with "Nazi" labels whose graphics were probably downloaded from the internet.

The one on the first matchbox in the last photograph certainly was.

Its basis was a propaganda poster used in Italy which was modified by present-day satirists to mock the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS; here called "IRSS")

See here:

IRSS prepares to field Light Infantry Brigade

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Germaniamica.jpg

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    What will come out are more fantasy pieces, or more precisely old matchboxes newly decorated with "Nazi" labels whose graphics were probably downloaded from the internet.

The one on the first matchbox in the last photograph certainly was.

Its basis was a recruiting poster for the Italian SS which was modified by present-day left-wing satirists to mock the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS; here called "IRSS")

See here:

IRSS prepares to field Light Infantry Brigade
    I just noticed that myself... Quite odd,,, G

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    I just noticed that myself... Quite odd,,, G

Yes, indeed - quite odd.

Hard to say whats going on here..but will keep an eye on this thread. Hopefully more comparative examples can be shown from other sources..and to compare the graphic content side by side. Photos in this case of printing and paper never do any justice to the item..something of this nature..needs to have an in hand inspection..not matter the low cost or value.

Paper composition from the period extremely differs from modern papers used. I know this as I am in the Graphic Arts industry. Yet to discern in photos is very difficult.

@ King Kong....any chance of close ups as extreme as possible of the solid colors on the packs..or the one in question? The story itself presently is void when authenticating anything......bottom line it is the materials used that will tell the truth..the story will follow 2nd in support of the item.

Nothing Personal "Kong ".... In this hobby these things are necessary. If it gets too messy it would be best to leave the room..until the procedure is complete.

Close ups please. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

It seems to me that the packet of Trommler cigarettes posted uses an image taken from an internet photo of the Trommler point of purchase placard:

SA storm-troopers' cigarettes SA storm-troopers' cigarettes

I also noted that Sturm only advertised Trommler in packets of 6 cigarettes, whereas the posted packet is for 20, the modern standard.

Given that these two cigarette packets come from the same source as the collection of obviously fake match boxes...

I'm thinking "black light", UV light, has the same effect on newer materials vs old paper items?

I haven't seen any of these for sale on eBay... yet.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast