Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Schilderhäuser/sentry boxes

Article about: Einheitlich (uniformity), according to a specific pattern or sample. That was what was what one strived after. Arbitrarines was possibly to be avoided. This was one of the TR distinguishing

Default Schilderhäuser/sentry boxes

Einheitlich (uniformity), according to a specific pattern or sample. That was what was what one strived after.
    Arbitrarines was possibly to be avoided. This was one of the TR distinguishing marks at as much as possible levels
    (den Ausdruck einer nationalsozialistischen und SA-mässigen Willensrichtung).

It might be of interest to note this to the WRF-members: the sentry boxes (Schilderhaus) for the SA. There
    were used many forms before mid-1936 and one wanted to halt this! With an order from June 22, 1936 this was
    addressed (Verordnungsblatt der Obersten SA-Führung, page 57. Nr. 166 order F.3 13706).

With an immediate entry the sentry boxes for the SA should have the same form and pattern. The sides had to be
    painted blood-red, like the nazi-flag. On both sides a white disc with black swastika had to be positioned. Above this
    a peephole needed to be sawn. At the front, beneath the roof, in white the SA-symbol had to be painted. The pedestal
    (the foot), roof and inner had to be painted slate colored (grey). With some drawings the sizes were given.

Schilderhäuser/sentry boxes Schilderhäuser/sentry boxes

As quick as possible one needed to take care for the new instructions. The levels Standarte and its lower levels were
    allowed to use such sentry box in front of their headquarter of offices. With specific occasions also the sentry boxes
    were used, for example at the camp(s) for the party days etc. One should note that for practically all organizations
    and forces where guards were involved suchlike order did exist (see NPEA-photo).

Schilderhäuser/sentry boxes Member from The SA-Feldherrnhalle, wearing the typical gorget, in front of his sentry box at the annual Party Day.
    Note the wearing of an armband with Lagerpolizei-indication.
    (credit: Anders Lehmann)

Schilderhäuser/sentry boxes Member of an NPEA-institution in front of the building, wearing a gorget with the simple Wache-indication.
    (credit: Christian Ulber)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schilderhäuser/sentry boxes
    P
    Many

Excellent information as ever! Thank you. I am sure some living history groups will welcome this.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I had not thought about that. Maybe it helps. I must have
    such same order somewhere about theses boxes for the RAD.

In this way I intended to help that Bill-guy, I told you about.

great info thank you.

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    I must have such same order somewhere about theses boxes for the RAD.
    Looked for four hours in the masses RAD material I have. Have not found it yet. I have no idea in what file I have put it!!

?

Wim. You never cease to amaze me..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Can't find the promised RAD-material about these "boxes".
    Another SA-photo, courtesy Laurens, but instead of a swastika at the side
    there is the SA-symbol, positioned. The photo must be from about 1934
    when there was not yet a regulation about them: