Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Silver ash tray? With Nazi eagle.

Article about: Greetings all. I made my intro to the board earlier, but to recap since this is only my second post, I am Mike, aka HoovieDude from other militaria sites. I mainly collect US, but do have a

Default Silver ash tray? With Nazi eagle.

Greetings all. I made my intro to the board earlier, but to recap since this is only my second post, I am Mike, aka HoovieDude from other militaria sites. I mainly collect US, but do have a few pieces of TR items I picked up while stationed overseas years ago, and am looking for some opinions on them.

First is this. I picked this up in Bulgaria while on R&R from a Kosovo deployment. Not sure if it is an ash tray or tea cup saucer? Any ideas? Thanks..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Silver ash tray? With Nazi eagle.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Silver ash tray? With Nazi eagle.

Hi Mike, that eagle is not original to the piece. The deep scratches in line, are above and below the eagle, but not actually on the eagle. I don't think it's an ashtray. Could have been used as one though. Looks more like someone cut meat with a sharp knife in it.

Jay

Looks like quality silver, but is definitely a faked piece..............
    Regards,

Steve.

Jay, Steve. Thanks for the replies. Also, not sure about the cutting of meat on it, as it is only a few inches across. I should've put this up with the first post...

I just threw that cutting the meat thing out there. It does look like somebody was cutting something in it though. Who knows?

Jay

definitely faked up,,,,

Also, it's Alpacca not real silver.

I agree that there is little authentic about it but if I had it ... it would most likely remain in the house for kicks and not have
    it circulated further. Fun thing.

How is Ft. Hood? Many memories as I was ETS from there after over seas. Is Kileen still good for the guys?

11D20

Once again, thanks all for chiming in. I've had these for years, but never really got around to asking about them until now. Good to know what I have. Or don't have as it may be.

Rudolf, Hood is still Hood. Not sure when you were last here, but it has grown considerably in the last few years.

And Killeen is still Killeen....a cesspool, lol. I live in Heights, and try to avoid Killeen as much as possible. Can't even stand driving through it on 190, lol. But, I don't worry about it too much, as I am not home that often.