Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Souvenir of Crete

Article about: Here is a German Paratroopers utility knife(Kappmesser) made by Weyersberg worn by Max Rohrman a paratrooper that fought on Crete in 1941 - I was given this by a German friend,Max also gave

?

Default Souvenir of Crete

Here is a German Paratroopers utility knife(Kappmesser) made by Weyersberg worn by Max Rohrman a paratrooper that fought on Crete in 1941 - I was given this by a German friend,Max also gave the friend a PX Type item a little hanky stamped "Souvenir De Crete, 1941 and reflects a map of crete with towns noted. Max carved his initials("RM" Rohrman Max)) on the handle which are visible on the pictures-
    The knife is in great shape all springs in working order - to be able to place it with a individual with provenance is a true Plus.

Horst

Souvenir of CreteSouvenir of Crete
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Souvenir of Crete
    P
    Many

Default Re: Souvenir of Crete

Do you know where abouts Horst
    Ben

?

Very nice items with provenance ! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Cool find and knowing the story behind is a real bonus indeed.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Great find

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Do you know where abouts Horst
    Ben- the person who gave this to me ,Max,s friend passed a year ago and that's that - I do think that one could search the Bundes archive and come up with some info on Max.

Thanks to all

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Aaaaaaaahhhhhh another Crete item!!! Congrats mate! I'm still looking for one Gravity knife and especially from Crete but my hopes are getting faint!

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    Aaaaaaaahhhhhh another Crete item!!! Congrats mate! I'm still looking for one Gravity knife and especially from Crete but my hopes are getting faint!
    are there not any left in crete.??(και γενικα δηλαδι) are there antique shops selling items from ww2?

There are some antique shops in Crete but there are way too expensive... The key is to go around the villages searching and exploring old houses and barns... But it isn't easy to find that knife because peasants used it for many decades later for various reasons and it got destroyed!

Better try Germany or Austria, there is much more such stuff. It is the 1-st version gravity knife and the spring is the weakest part of the knife, so in many cases the spring system is broken or repared. Gravity knives are also prohibited in many countries, for example also in Germany.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast