Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

spoons question

Article about: Hi, has anybody any idea as to what branch of service these were from ,as the eagle doesnt look heer and having a static swastika it looks a bit political, cheers Dave

?

Default spoons question

Hi, has anybody any idea as to what branch of service these were from ,as the eagle doesnt look heer and having a static swastika it looks a bit political, cheers Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture spoons question   spoons question  

spoons question  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement spoons question
    P
    Many

Default Re: spoons question

Diplomatic corp, very rare....

?

Thanks Shawn for the info cheers Dave

?

Just found a couple of examples that were apparently found at the berghof and described as Joachim von ribbentrop flatware , rgds Dave

?

if they had anything to do w/ Ribbentropp ,even if his grandma touched them, they are pretty much priceless IMO. try to get more info on these

I actually collect anything diplomatic in silver or porcelain and as you can imagine due to the size of the corps, it is all very rare, almost not existent. If you look at the thread I started in this particular forum entitled "falchemjager porcelain" you can see one of the pride and joys of y collection, a 16 piece setting made for personally for Ribbetrop in July of 1939. I sent pictures to KPM and they were professional enough to send me verification of the above information from records that were kept during the time period. I also have posted a couple of pictures of some Ribbentrop cutlery I have. I only have the two pieces and would love to get more. To my knowledge, the eagle above the globe was a specialized, Ribbentrop only, insignia so if you ever find any items with this insignia, it is my personal historical opinion that it can be attributed directly to him.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture spoons question   spoons question  

?

wow very nice Shawn there is one of these for sale on waf , rgds Dave Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

?

Who would ever have dreamed that a lowly a spoon could be worth that sort of money !! Great info Shawn
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings