Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Allach Das Schwarze Korps Plaque Opinions

Article about: Yes, my cat could have done it better Well, I hope the new owner enjoys it. And fixes the horrible repair. Cheers, Pat

?

Default SS Allach Das Schwarze Korps Plaque Opinions

Hello gents,

Opinions please on this Allach SS Plaque, "Das Schwarze Korps". Das Scwarze Korps was the SS newspaper responsible for propaganda, and this award was given away as an honour prize to SS men who had solicited 5 half year subscriptions for the newspaper. The award was made in 1937 and 1939 and in the upper corners, the initials CD and TK stand for Carl Diebitsch and Theodore Karner respectively.

My question is, is this one genuine...?

Regards,

Carl

p.s. The photographs below are all I have to go on.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Allach Das Schwarze Korps Plaque Opinions  SS Allach Das Schwarze Korps Plaque Opinions  SS Allach Das Schwarze Korps Plaque Opinions  SS Allach Das Schwarze Korps Plaque Opinions 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Allach Das Schwarze Korps Plaque Opinions
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS Allach Das Schwarze Korps Plaque Opinions

From the pictures it looks like the real deal - looks as its broken through the middle??

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

Yes Horst, it appears so. If it is genuine, that would be a pity. I am concerned however that the repair looks quite recent. The adhesive looks very clear so one would assume that this item hasn't been lying in a box or wardrobe for example. I'm not sure. Hopefully somebody can add to your thoughts, which are appreciated...thank you.

Regards,

Carl

It's original. IMHO, the high quality, intricate detail of the wreath, lettering, and adler are without question. Appearance of surface also looks period. Unfortunately, it looks like it broke and somebody let their 3 year old try to super glue it back together. Also looks like they put super glue on all the chips to prevent discoloration. Could be a recent repair who knows when. Crying shame it's broken.

Jay

Don't know is thise one is genuine or fake, I can only tell you it is so easy to fake!!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Thanks gents, I appreciate your comments and thoughts. I agree with you Jay, the repair work was not done by a careful hand at all was it? Shame.

Regards,

Carl

?

What was the outcome with this? Did you get it in the end Carl?

Cheers, Pat

?

No Patrick, I let this one go. It isn't something that I would generally go for, but the opportunity arose and I briefly considered making an offer. Hopefully, whoever did pick it up has cleaned off some of that greasy glue on the back. Not the neatest of repair jobs...

Regards,

Carl

?

Oh well. How much did the person want for it? Because I am sure if could have cleaned up nicely.

The repare job was not that neat no I bet my cat could do better.

Cheers, Pat

?

I'm sure that your cat could have done a much better job Patrick, even with its eyes closed and two paws tied behind its back!

I honestly don't remember the asking price though...but it was probably quite cheap, so as to catch my interest, despite not being in my area.

Cheers,

Carl

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast