Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Flask 1940

Article about: Hello everyone. I have bought this flask around 2016-2017 for a really small price. The problem is, when i was making research i haven’t seen any similar one. So that created some question

Default SS Flask 1940

Hello everyone. I have bought this flask around 2016-2017 for a really small price. The problem is, when i was making research i haven’t seen any similar one. So that created some questions in my head. What do you guys think? Is it real?

SS Flask 1940

SS Flask 1940

SS Flask 1940

SS Flask 1940

Thanks, i will be waiting for replies.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Flask 1940
    P
    Many

?

I've never seen one in my life. It could be a "fantasy" item.

Wait for other comments, maybe someone else knows.

CBH
    ?

I would also call it a Fantasy Item.

It looks to be a "Flachmann" used to carry alcohole.
    I´ve found two similar Items at auction, both supposedly silver plated:

Alino Auktionen: Military Objects
    Alino Auktionen: Military Objects

In my Opinion it is too say if its real or not, it cant be really prooven if it is real. Maybe these where personal Creations for an SS Soldier wartime, or some dude made them in the 70´s. If there exists only one withouth material to compare it too it is hard, as normal fakes would come in greater numbers, and the effort for creating such a thing would be too high if you would just make one, especially as the craftmanship on this piece looks good, not like a cast china fake. The question is if it feels like a 80 year old item, has it signs of regular use, littel pittings, scratches that look like they come from normal use? But even if it has... it still can be a fake.

Personally i like that it definitly has a Patina, that the "Deutschland über alles" writing is very faded (Interesting that "Deutschland über alles" and not "Meine Ehre heißt Treue" was choosen, the second one would be seem more logical for an SS item, and a faker with the knowledge to create such a good looking fake would probably know that.), and that it looks like it was once more shiny, with remains of the original finish still present.

CBH
    ?

Your auction examples are also Junk, items like these have been coming out of Eastern Europe for years.
    Of the three examples shown above, two are SS and the other U-Boat, these are Dog Whistles Emblems for the novice collector.
    IT's easy to turn a 5$ cigarette case into a 500$ U-boat relic, same goes for flasks etc etc.

I said, i cant say they are Original, i cant say they are faked. I just say that this example has a nice patina. And if they are fakes, whoever faked them did a bad job at marketing because much worse fakes are sold much more.

IMO, 4th Reich item.
    Mixing a national anthem with SS markings, and dated.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

CBH
    ?

I'd say 300e for a 3e flask is pretty good marketing, also I'd look for a better auction site.

Very crudely made, cannot see such and item being original. Probably made by the same people who turn out fantasy RM coins with Tiger tanks on them etc.

Thanks for the replies guys. I have been searching for similar items, but haven't found any identical Flachmann yet. I am sorry for the bad quality pictures makes examining the object hard. I can confirm that it really feels 80 year old, the surface of Flask is just dirty and needs to be cleaned. "Deutschland über alles" carving on the back looks blurred on the photo but it looks clean and sharp cornered, which means the manufactoring of the font is real and isn't made for to be fantasy item. When i hold the light inside of the flask. There is literally remnant and you can see that it has been used to contain alchohol years years ago.

SS Flask 1940
    Last edited by SCHWARZEN; 03-16-2020 at 06:55 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast