Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Flask 1940

Article about: Hello everyone. I have bought this flask around 2016-2017 for a really small price. The problem is, when i was making research i haven’t seen any similar one. So that created some question

Quote by SCHWARZEN View Post
    [I]Thanks for the replies guys. I have been searching for similar items, but haven't found any identical Flachmann yet. I am sorry for the bad quality pictures makes examining the object hard. I can confirm that it really feels 70 year old, the surface of Flask is just dirty and needs to be cleaned. "Deutschland über alles" carving on the back looks blurred on the photo but it looks clean and sharp cornered, which means the manufactoring of the font is real and isn't made for to be fantasy item. When i hold the light inside of the flask. There is literally remnant and you can see that it has been used to contain alchohol years years ago.
    Hello,
    If it feels 70 years old, then it's postwar as WWII ended in 1945, not in 1950....
    The signature of a former member here was something like : if ten men tell you you're drunk, just lie down....but if you're happy with it, then that's all that matters, enjoy it...
    I'm going to move this thread to the exotica forum as it does not belong here...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Flask 1940
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Looks more like Die Stamping.
    You gotten 5 negative replies, believe what you will.

forgot about the date stamped at the bottom.....80 years old.....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Ahah :-) it’s not like i don’t believe you guys. It’s just a good looking piece i bought from a antique shop and i didn’t found any identical one so wanted to ask what you guys think. Thanks for the replies again. I will take this object to a WW2 artifact professional in University.If it’s a very very special “real” piece i will let you guys know.

Quote by SCHWARZEN View Post
    I will take this object to a WW2 artifact professional in University.
    I doubt he will have seen as many original pieces as some of the members here that have posted their opinions.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Depending on what a professional is defined, if we talk about an historician, or a person that works for a University because of his expertise, i would think his Opinion would be definitly trustfull. Also an in Hand examination can change the Opinion about a Item completly.

?

Hard to say although as noted above lots of stuff like this has been cranked out post 45 - far fetched it also could be trench art which I doubt. But as said before if your happy with it thats all that matters -
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

CBH
    ?

Please tell us everything they say.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2