MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS-knife from Wewelsburg castle

Article about: Hi, Got this knife a while ago, it's made by WMF. Should be genuine, however all opinions are welcome JB

Thanks everybody for your comments! It is interesting to read them as the item originally comes from Weitze and they claim to have aquire 180 piece collection of Wewelsburg related cutlery (see attached picture from their website). I guess I will contact them and ask about the items and authenticity of them

JB
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-knife from Wewelsburg castle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-knife from Wewelsburg castle
    P
    Many

Question JB...... They "Weitze" have already decided it was authentic by offering it forsale....why would you inquire on it after you bought the knife and then bring it here ? ...and then want to go back and ask about authenticity?......you know what they are going to tell you..and not going to tell you it's not authentic.

Why did you come here ...... and its an honest question

Answers were given to your inquiry from those who study flat ware and accompanying details.

Your thoughts ?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I didnt say I bought the item from Weitze, I just know the origins of it. As a beginner collector I just wanted to know more about it and it's origins. I didnt mean to offend anybody, sorry if I did

Quote by JBMankinen View Post
    Hi,

Got this knife a while ago, it's made by WMF. Should be genuine, however all opinions are welcome

JB
    No offense taken JB..just your post above was a little misleading . and then your recent post stating it came from Weitze ..has had some confusing effect .

Question again ..did you acquire this from Weitze a long time ago ?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Just being devils advocate but Weitze will be selling this stuff on behalf of someone else? Then they are surely going to be led by what the vendor tells them, and then perhaps some research/experience on their part. But given the lack of documentary evidence and mystery surrounding Himmlers SS castle it would be difficult to prove they are real. However the Nirosta (stainless steel, non rusting) mark is period as is the blade maker, the only question mark is the SS markings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2