Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Leibstandarte adolf hitler vase

Article about: Hello What do you think about this one? It was found in port in Stettin a couple years ago. It's a original SS Leibstandarte adolf hitler vase? Thanks for your's help. Regards Szymek

Default Re: SS Leibstandarte adolf hitler vase

Quote by bulld View Post
    Do you have documentary acknowledgement, a photo for example, uses of ware with a monogram?

Are we talking about the LAH or the Hamburg America Line?

Either way I don't have a photo to hand.

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Leibstandarte adolf hitler vase
    P
    Many

?

Hamburg America Line - in english, in deutsch - HAPAG (Hamburg Amerikanische Packetfahrt Actien Gesellschaftand) have another logo without monogram.

Cheers, Basil.

Hi Basil, there may be one published in a UK collectors magazine, "The Armourer" last year but I have not seen the three copies in question. When I am next at a show I will try and get a copy.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by bulld View Post
    Hamburg America Line - in english, in deutsch - HAPAG (Hamburg Amerikanische Packetfahrt Actien Gesellschaftand) have another logo without monogram.

Cheers, Basil.
    Hamburg America Line - in English is Hamburg Amerika Linie in German to me.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Heres a monogrammed lah light shade
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Leibstandarte adolf hitler vase   SS Leibstandarte adolf hitler vase  

I tought HAPAG to have a monogramme in theire logo.
    I think we are talking different compagny's here.
    PS picture is not mine!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Leibstandarte adolf hitler vase  

cheers
    |<ris

Hi Dave, now are you sure he is not standing outside the Hamburg America Line Office? Sorry only joking.

Hi Basil, I know of the sheild logo with the HAPAG letters within it Like Kris has posted above.

I would like these dishes to be LAH, I thought they were for years, but now I am just not convinced any more. Trust me I would be happy if they were!

Cheers, Ade.

One could have to do with thise;
    "After the First World War the Hapag shipping company was forced to make a totally new start but, due to the period of inflation in Germany and then the Great Depression, it never regained the international position it had had under Ballin.
    The Nazi rise to power brought further difficulties for Hapag, as Germany's international connections were severed, and the company had to fight the "stigma" of their most eminent general director, Albert Ballin, having been a Jew. In 1935, the steamer "Albert Ballin" was renamed "Hansa", "Ballin-Kai" (Kai = quay) was renamed "Europa-Kai", and "Ballin-Haus" was initially renamed "Bauhof" and then "Meßberghof". The Nazis attempted to erase everything Jewish."

cheers
    |<ris

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Basil, there may be one published in a UK collectors magazine, "The Armourer" last year but I have not seen the three copies in question. When I am next at a show I will try and get a copy.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ade, it would be excellent to see a photos of 30th years, it would be desirable to understand with SSLAH dinnerware.
    Cheers, Basil.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Leibstandarte adolf hitler vase 

Hi Basil, somewhere out there I bet there will be a photo of just what we are looking for. Hopefully one will surface soon.

I should add the dishes I have are dated 1914 and 1915. I put this down to reused old Imperial era mess items brought up to date with the "LAH" cyhper. But this now could point to the era they might have been used by the shipping line?

My advice would be at the moment not to buy one of these marked peices until there is conclusive evidence either way, unless like myself, you are paying a very cheap price.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast