Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ss presentation goblet, good or just another fake?

Article about: Hello everybody! I was offered for purchase by a German seller, the "SS presentation goblet" whose photos are posted below. The goblet is presumed to have been presented to the SS-

Exclamation Ss presentation goblet, good or just another fake?

Hello everybody!

I was offered for purchase by a German seller, the "SS presentation goblet" whose photos are posted below.

The goblet is presumed to have been presented to the SS-Hauptsturmführer of the 3rd Panzer Div. Tottenkopf, Ernst von Liebe. It is silver 800. Sadly I have no other photos on it...

I would much appreciate the expertise of the Forum members on this item. Is it good or just another fake?

Thank you all in advance and very best regards,

Jose

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss presentation goblet, good or just another fake?
    P
    Many

This item does not belong in the SS Uniform section. Thread will be moved to the Arts and Exotica forum
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry,

Sorry, I have realized that too late... Thank you for moving the thread to the correct forum...

By the way, do you have any opinion on the goblet? I know it's not much your interests area, but I would be pleased to know.

Very best regards,

Jose

The top of the lid construction..and the engraving,, I have doubts on..the engraving looks recent. This almost looks like a cross between a Church goblet..and a Martini mixer...but this is my opinion..and let the Goblet pros decide its fate. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It would be interesting and important to see quality pics of
    the maker marks ( if there are any ) to try and decern the
    era it was made. 'Unknown' objects like this make me
    Very suspicious as they are relatively cheap and
    easy to produce - plus, sellers usually ask
    a lot of money.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi Larry,

Thank you very much for your comments on the goblet! It is not really a very common item and you are right the engraving looks recent The whole object is in pristine condition and not at all weathered except for the cross! By other side the quality of the work is pretty good... This is the reason I wanted to get the opinions of the Forum members prior of giving my ok to the seller. The asking price is not that high, - just 1500 eur. Let's wait for another more opinions...

Very best regards,

Jose

Hi Walkwolf,

Thank you for your comments on the goblet! Sadly there are no marks on it other than "800"...

Very best regards,

Jose

Jose, you could buy a genuine 800 silver 'goblet' for
    $250-$300, spend another $50-$60 on the
    engraving, and add around $80 for a
    semi-relic EKII - total under $500.

You would triple your investment if the piece were
    to be 'sold' to the right 'believer'........
    Regards,

Steve.

Without any rock solid provenance, I would not believe this to be a period piece. As stated by Walkwolf, this would be too easy to create.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hi Steve,

Yes you are right, not an impossible thing to do! I have also serious doubts regarding this item... Despite of the good quality of the work, I will probably pass on it as the seller sent me half an hour ago, the photo of a fake SS helmet with a certificate by Roland Irringer

Very best regards,

Jose

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast