Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Reich PLate

Article about: by stuka f Just wanted to ad my two cents.... I made a pic to compare the plate mark to one I have (who I assume it is good!)... Here the one on the left would give me more pause then the on

?

Default SS Reich PLate

Hey Guys,
    I am getting my dad this plate for Christmas. He is a TR plate collector and he needs an SS plate and a police one. Anyhow I found this and it looks good to me, but I am cautious as it is SS and goes for like $ times what the other plates go for. Any opinions. Help would be appreciated. I would ordinarily ask my dad but that would be tough making it a surprise.
    Thanks for any and all help Guys !!
    Sincerely,
    Marcus
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Reich PLate   SS Reich PLate  

SS Reich PLate  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Reich PLate
    P
    Many

?

Marcus,

I wondered if you read this thread, which deals with a similar plate: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/field...-plate-343334/ ?

I note that the "SS Reich" script is significantly different on the example you have shown, however, I wonder if the only way to be sure that this is good would be by an in-hand examination, to check for any sign that that "SS Reich" is applied recently.

Regards,

Philip

Strange how far apart the runes are from the Reich. Not one I would buy as an original, but that is as always just an opinion.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Good point. Odd distance to the 'Reich' indeed.

?

hard to say, most copied

?

Not for me either, sorry. These are - as stated in the link kindly provided by Philip above, reproduced. The original examples I have encountered are much neater in appearance. Too much of a risk for me - I assume the price is not cheap, as with anything marked with those runes.

?

Kris @ thirdreicharts.com maybe a good resource for you. He has beautiful Allach figurines and other third reich plates ect.
    Best,
    Anzel

Also, said SS division did not exist in 1938.

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Also, said SS division did not exist in 1938.
    I note from comments on another forum (SS- Reich plate. Good? or Bad? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums) that the "Reich" designation on these china items may not be related to the Das Reich division. It would be good to have an authoritative answer on this!

Philip

I don't think the "Reich" aspect has anything to do with the Division either.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast