Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Reich PLate

Article about: by stuka f Just wanted to ad my two cents.... I made a pic to compare the plate mark to one I have (who I assume it is good!)... Here the one on the left would give me more pause then the on

?

Thanks guys, I am very disappointed. I appreciate the comments. I trust the vendor, but things get past all of us. What caught my attention was the strange spacing. Thanks again!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Reich PLate
    P
    Many

Quote by Marc View Post
    Thanks guys, I am very disappointed. I appreciate the comments. I trust the vendor, but things get past all of us. What caught my attention was the strange spacing. Thanks again!
    The plate is original. What is the asking price? they are all over the map so you can pretty much grab one at any number of sources.

?

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    The plate is original. What is the asking price? they are all over the map so you can pretty much grab one at any number of sources.
    I wonder if ajax3985 would state the specific grounds that he (i assume) has to be certain that the specific plate shown is a genuine one? I ask simply in the spirit of inquiry, because there are so may different variations of these "SS Reich" plates out there. A quick google image search shows many different variations, and the considerable degree to which SS marked items are faked makes it very unlikely that they can all be good.

I also quote what seems to me good advice:

'Two simple things to look for when identifying Third Reich pottery.

The first thing to do is ask the seller wether the transfer (eagle, makers mark & date) are sitting above the glaze. If it is above the glaze it is definately a fake. You can simply test this yourself by feeling it with your fingernail. Ask the seller to test it for you.

The fakers then got wise to this and then re-glazed over the transfer. To check this for yourself, hold the item at an angle so the transfer catches the light and using a magnifying glass you will see the re-glazing as slightly raised. Ask the seller to do the same and you should get a honest response from an honest seller.

The pottery itself will more than likely be genuine old pottery, but NOT Third Reich. There are lots of this rubbish about, and two simple questions can save you money and heartache.' Source: Fake Third Reich tableware, plates, bowls etc | ebay Buying Guides

Philip

The Runes are a different thickness and sloppily applied

Quote by DrPMC View Post
    I wonder if ajax3985 would state the specific grounds that he (i assume) has to be certain that the specific plate shown is a genuine one? I ask simply in the spirit of inquiry, because there are so may different variations of these "SS Reich" plates out there. A quick google image search shows many different variations, and the considerable degree to which SS marked items are faked makes it very unlikely that they can all be good.

I also quote what seems to me good advice:

'Two simple things to look for when identifying Third Reich pottery.

The first thing to do is ask the seller wether the transfer (eagle, makers mark & date) are sitting above the glaze. If it is above the glaze it is definately a fake. You can simply test this yourself by feeling it with your fingernail. Ask the seller to test it for you.

The fakers then got wise to this and then re-glazed over the transfer. To check this for yourself, hold the item at an angle so the transfer catches the light and using a magnifying glass you will see the re-glazing as slightly raised. Ask the seller to do the same and you should get a honest response from an honest seller.

The pottery itself will more than likely be genuine old pottery, but NOT Third Reich. There are lots of this rubbish about, and two simple questions can save you money and heartache.' Source: Fake Third Reich tableware, plates, bowls etc | ebay Buying Guides

Philip
    Its 100% correct and your information is dated and wrong or partially wrong anyway. I have grounds to conclude its correct but they are not going on an internet board for some creep to use for dubious undertakings and to tell these guys what they do wrong. The plate is right, the cost is minimal generally.

Quote by bboywizard View Post
    The Runes are a different thickness and sloppily applied
    Does not matter.

?

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    Its 100% correct and your information is dated and wrong or partially wrong anyway. I have grounds to conclude its correct but they are not going on an internet board for some creep to use for dubious undertakings and to tell these guys what they do wrong. The plate is right, the cost is minimal generally.
    The information I quoted is not mine, as the post made clear. I'm sure that if you have something to add which is constructive it would be a benefit for everyone with an interest in collecting items of this sort.

Philip

Mate you better check your attitude a bit.

Quote by DrPMC View Post
    The information I quoted is not mine, as the post made clear. I'm sure that if you have something to add which is constructive it would be a benefit for everyone with an interest in collecting items of this sort.

Philip
    Philip,

I did add it, the plate is correct and that's it, any other information is more useful to know than to broadcast to crooks that will use it off an internet forum.

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    Mate you better check your attitude a bit.
    I do not know what your talking about. A question was asked and I answered it, I am not going to tell you why the plate is correct because I do not have to, nor do I want to educate people on the differences and why these things are. Its a $50-60 plate, the information is worth a lot more and your not getting it here on the board. That is simply plain matter of fact speaking and language.

If you don't what to help people or add relevant statements to your " costly information" why do you bother to even post and grief people.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast