Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

SS - Schule Braunschweig*candlestick

Article about: Hello everyone, Has anyone seen anything like this? It's just a simple candlestick,but I think its pretty damn cool. I'm guessing it's legit, I don't see a reason someone would counterfeit a

Default SS - Schule Braunschweig*candlestick

Hello everyone,
    Has anyone seen anything like this? It's just a simple candlestick,but I think its pretty damn cool. I'm guessing it's legit, I don't see a reason someone would counterfeit an ordinary item like this, but I know they do. Anyway, the markings on the bottom, "JB 1496," does that mean anything? Other then possalbly something to candlestick makers, lol? Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS - Schule Braunschweig*candlestick   SS - Schule Braunschweig*candlestick  

SS - Schule Braunschweig*candlestick  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS - Schule Braunschweig*candlestick
    P
    Many

" I don't see a reason someone would counterfeit an ordinary item like this.."

Some people will put a swastika or SS runes on a bar of soap in the belief they can extract a higher price for it. I'd like to see a close up photo of the inscription. Seems to be on an area that has been cleaned, while the rest is not cleaned. That makes me a little suspicious.

CBH
    ?

You could sell dog turds if the had SS runes on them!
    They SS and RZM stamp everything possible, so many cigarette cases ruined.
    Nothing carries the mystic of SS ruins, so fakers slap them on everything. Beware.

The actual engraving will tell the truth under a close eye of scrutiny .

Looks to either be a cemetery flower vase that someone found ...or a rejected truck horn from a tractor trailer.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Here is a closer pic of the engraving. This is about the best I can get with my phone. Thanks everyone.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS - Schule Braunschweig*candlestick  

Quote by Larry C View Post
    The actual engraving will tell the truth under a close eye of scrutiny .

Looks to either be a cemetery flower vase that someone found ...or a rejected truck horn from a tractor trailer.

Regards Larry
    That's an interesting idea, maybe a cemetery flower vase. However, i don't see why they pit the name of a school. The person I aquired it from states, his father was stationed in Germany during and after the war, and had a habit of taking everything that want nailed down, lol. The funny thing is, I am sure at that time they didn't think this stuff would be sold off in the future, probalbly just creating souvenirs and trophies.