Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Spoon, SS Knife and SS Fork Set - For Your Review

Article about: Hello collectors I reached this SS kitchen Set, but I'm not prepared about this stuff so I would to ask to SS experts about his originality; what you think about it? Thanks in advance for he

?

Default SS Spoon, SS Knife and SS Fork Set - For Your Review

Hello collectors

I reached this SS kitchen Set, but I'm not prepared about this stuff so I would to ask to SS experts about his originality; what you think about it?

Thanks in advance for help

Bye!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Spoon, SS Knife and SS Fork Set - For Your Review   SS Spoon, SS Knife and SS Fork Set - For Your Review  

SS Spoon, SS Knife and SS Fork Set - For Your Review   SS Spoon, SS Knife and SS Fork Set - For Your Review  

Attached Images Attached Images SS Spoon, SS Knife and SS Fork Set - For Your Review 
    Last edited by Destra; 02-19-2015 at 05:26 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Spoon, SS Knife and SS Fork Set - For Your Review
    P
    Many

This is an hard field to me. I leave it to esperts!

Cheers

Save your money for original period items.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thank you Jerry, I will!

I see this items too much modern to me, thanks for help!

Relatively modern silver plate pieces. Definitely Not period.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The marks indicate this is Bruckmann silver plate (standard 90 thickness). This is their Modell Number 500, "Perlrand." The pattern was issued in 1921, so vintage is not a problem.

?

Quote by DianaGaleM View Post
    The marks indicate this is Bruckmann silver plate (standard 90 thickness). This is their Modell Number 500, "Perlrand." The pattern was issued in 1921, so vintage is not a problem.
    "Really" ?? Hey...Can you hold on a moment... The "Tooth Fairy" needs a "Receipt"... New union rules..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

I'm very impressed with your knowledge of silver marks Diana.
    Please don't take my asking as condescending, But what is your experience with the smith/proof markings? I am truly interested.

Welcome to the forum

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quite often its not when the items are made, but when did the fake insignia get on there..its very easy to buy a 70 year old spoon

I'm a hard core collector of WMF flatware, and genealogy is my other hobby. I descend from Johann Pieter Straub, 1733 immigrant to Philadelphia from Württemberg. WMF was founded in 1853 by Daniel Straub of Württemberg, hence my initial interest in the company. My interest in WWII has been lifelong because my father served with the 7th Army in Germany. Couple those interests with the many claims that Nazis owned WMF silverware, and I got interested in the identification of vintage German flatware, in general.

This manufacturer and pattern are not obscure. Bruckmann is a major German manufacturer, and the "B" with the railroad car is his mark. "90" is a general mark indicating the thickness of silver plate. The information about the pattern is online, once you've waded through images of Bruckmann patterns to find this one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast