Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Standard Bearer

Article about: I was futzin around today and pulled these photo's off Hermann's. I was surprised to see it not sell higher although I prefer it in porcelain. A very rare piece.

?

Default Re: SS Standard Bearer

Did it sell for only 10K? What was the size? That is an eagle worth having!
    Erich

Quote by K.Lindblom View Post
    Yes,

I have seen this bird in photo's over the years. I'm still pissed off to be honest about the Ehmen eagle as I could have bought it but choked. These are exceptional pieces for sure.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Standard Bearer
    P
    Many

Hi Erich,

If it went for 10k it would be here now. By the time it finished it was 16k. Wingspan was 40 inches I believe. It was really a treasure in retrospect.

Best,

Kris

?

Even at 16K, a Schmidt Ehmen--it's a rare opportunity! And at around a 40" span, still displayable and transportable.
    Erich

greg koepp
    ?

heres a neat one I have on file.

greg
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Standard Bearer  SS Standard Bearer 

Yes Ehmen Eagle , its the best bronze eagle i see in my life ( in the net ) .
    another eagle :
    i take the pic of big bronze eagle inside the war museum in Kiev its not the same pattern but its a bronze political eagle !the pic its not clear because is not permited to take a pic -Pierre N
    Hi Pierre, I agree with you regarding the bronze Ehmen wall eagle, it is magnificent. The wrought iron one that Greg shows is very intricate and is also nice and interesting. I also like the Reich Chancellery bronze eagle on display in Kiev as well as these three which are some of my other favorite political eagles that are on display around the world.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Standard Bearer  

The bronze of the Allach SS SB is fantastic.

I completely agree with Erich S, the piece that started this thread by Kris is outstanding and very rare. A footnote is that the foundry that cast this bronze also produced some of the finest Third Reich and earlier pieces of the era. The company "A Von Brandstetter" in Munich also made the fantastic SS dedicated Huntress Diana bronzes and Horst Wessel bronze busts seen occasionally and if you look carefully at the bronze Kurt Schmidt Ehmen desk eagle on display at the German History Museum, it also shows the same foundry mark on its base as well.

Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Standard Bearer  

I notice another Kurt Schmidt-Ehmen Bronze from the same foundry "A Von Brandstetter" in Munich sold yesterday at the latest Hermans auction (unfortunately well outside of my price bracket), marked the same as the first SS Standard Bearer piece that started this thread and equally nice. I don't think there is much doubt that bronze Third Reich pieces from this foundry are of exceptional quality
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Standard Bearer   SS Standard Bearer  

SS Standard Bearer  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2