Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ss wiking box

Article about: Evening all wasn't sure what section to put this in but I know a few pics have been posted here already a few months ago but I haven't posted it myself so I thought I would share it with you

Default ss wiking box

Evening all wasn't sure what section to put this in but I know a few pics have been posted here already a few months ago but I haven't posted it myself so I thought I would share it with you all picked from Germany this year with a few other items that I didn't buy but here it all is there is also an SA sports badge that came with it but forgot to put it in the picture!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss wiking box   ss wiking box  

ss wiking box   ss wiking box  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss wiking box
    P
    Many

nice carving.

Maybe made in Norway during WWII, they liked such designs. Anyway, a well made item.

indeed a nice carving. is it SS trench art or just a fine carving? either way i like it

Dmv
    ?

Nice box! But what's the connection with the SS wiking division? I know it shows a wiking ship, but is there provenance? Was it a vet pick up?
    Last edited by Dmv; 10-01-2014 at 09:28 PM.

Thanks for the comments guys, the box was sold to me from a house clearance from Germany there are pictures of the soldier in uniform (wiking) all items belonged to the solider in the photographs who fought on the eastern front

Hi, there also was a Nuremberg eagle on a podium in this box that member Sccrooge bought and already posted, an SS honour ring named Schaaf, plus a half WESTLAND RGT dog tag, so that's why box is 100 % attributed to a Wiking SS guy
    Cheers
    Fraser

Dmv
    ?

There is a same one on WAF attributed to an RAD man.

Hi PT, A great find and an excellent peace of workmanship.
    Regards SK

Quote by Dmv View Post
    Nice box! But what's the connection with the SS wiking division? I know it shows a wiking ship, but is there provenance? Was it a vet pick up?
    The connection is 35 plus photos mostly showing same soldier in Waffen SS uniform
    2 photos clearly showing him wearing a Wiking and also a Westland cuff title
    Also wearing an SA and IAB which were in the box which was never in any collectors hands..
    An SS honour ring ..that sold for 4000 euros
    Plus a half WESTLAND SS RGT dog tag..
    Also there was 2 SS cantine tokens..
    So although there's no carved runes on the box, I think its certain to say
    Box was owned by a Wiking SS soldier...
    Regards

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast