Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Stollwerck tin - 3. Reich?

Article about: Hello, I've got this tin a few days back, and I'm not sure if it's third reich period or not. It shows a marker "Deutsche Arbeit, deutscher Fleiß", so it could be possible. Can any

Default Stollwerck tin - 3. Reich?

Hello,

I've got this tin a few days back, and I'm not sure if it's third reich period or not. It shows a marker "Deutsche Arbeit, deutscher Fleiß", so it could be possible. Can anybody help me? Google had no answers for me.

Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stollwerck tin - 3. Reich?   Stollwerck tin - 3. Reich?  

Stollwerck tin - 3. Reich?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stollwerck tin - 3. Reich?
    P
    Many

Stollwerck has been around in one shape or another since 1839. It still exists under different ownership today. The tin you show is in excellent collectable condition, but it looks to be pre-war. Stollwerck did not produce much cacao during the war-era due to rationing and regulations.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks a lot!

I've seen a few Stollwerck tins, but no one had the marking "Deutsche Arbeit, deutscher Fleiß" on top. Do you have any idea, when this slogan was in use?

Regards

This phrase was a very popular one for many years-anywhere from the 1880's on up to about 1930. I would estimate this one to be from post WWI likely in the 1920's.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks again. I paid 1€ for it so nothingis lost, and now it looks good together with my other 3. Reich stuff. Quite a nice item!

Regards