Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Swastika knife rest.

Article about: I have what I was told is a butter knife rest from a German silverware set. It was brought home by a GI and I bought it at a garage sale 40 years ago. I thought I lost it in a house fire but

hoss
    ?

Default Swastika knife rest.

I have what I was told is a butter knife rest from a German silverware set. It was brought home by a GI and I bought it at a garage sale 40 years ago. I thought I lost it in a house fire but it resurfaced. How can I get an Idea what it's worth. I may have to sell it. It appears to be silver. Have you ever seen anything like it? Thanks, Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swastika knife rest.  

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Swastika knife rest.

I've never seen anything like it but it looks a nice item. I couldn't put a value on it simply because I have no idea or anything to reference it against but at a broad guess somewhere between $30-$60.........?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I would agree with Adrian's comments.

Cheers, Ade.

They thought of everything !!

A nice little item

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

hoss
    ?

Thank's for the replies. I've looked it over with magnifiers and can't find a mark. Unfortunately it was lost when my house burned down. When it resurfaced again it was black from fire and smoke. I'm afraid cleaning it may have removed any marks but I'll look again.
    Someone told me that they saw one on "Antique Roadshow" appraised at $800.00 but I take that with a grain of salt. Thanks again, I'll post if I see a mark. Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swastika knife rest.  

Depending on the weight, and purity of the "rest" would determine the price. Any maker marks? Any jeweler could help with a price, and get that bad boy weighed up for you with the price of silver. I know I would pay around 50 clams for it.
    It may have been brought back by a troop from Europe, but I have my doubts that it is TR. Knife rests from the 30's-40's would have been more ornate...not that this is not an interesting piece.
    Just my 2 cents.

a very nice & unusual piece, I like it.thanks for showing it, never seen anything like it before.

Nice looking,yes. But sorta looks hand made?

hoss
    ?

Absolutely could be! Still haven't found a mark of any kind.

?

I can see the item in a shallow display case with a dagger and scabbard resting on it.
    I think it could be utilised quite readily in a display.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast