Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Table Decoration Eagle

Article about: Dear friends this bird came last week across, bronce massiv , very detailed .Pls enjoy the Pics tom

Default Table Decoration Eagle

Dear friends
    this bird came last week across, bronce massiv , very detailed .Pls enjoy the Pics

tomTable Decoration EagleTable Decoration EagleTable Decoration EagleTable Decoration EagleTable Decoration EagleTable Decoration EagleTable Decoration EagleTable Decoration Eagle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Table Decoration Eagle
    P
    Many

Looks nicely done , i like it

?

Looks great. A bird i would love to have in my collection

It's an example of the the eagle that topped the German Pavilion at the Worlds Fair 1937 in Paris by the sculptor Kurt Schmid Ehmen. Copies were later produced as souvenirs to be sold to the public as there was a high demand for them at the time. Some were made using zinc or white metal (Blech), but the best were cast in bronze by Bergwerk u. Hutten. These are reproduced today but are as expensive now as they were back then, retailing at over $3000. Whether this is an original or a copy I can't say for sure, but comparing it quality wise to this modern 3 grand+ copy I would say it is of the period and not "modern".

Regards, Ned.

Table Decoration Eagle
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

This one has the fletching on the feathers that is not generally seen on original period Nuremberg eagles -and it seems to be solid, I'm not saying it's definitely fake- just that it raises questions. I admit this one is much nicer than the Germania re-cast rubbish with the fake modern patina added that Ned shows and would look great in any collection - congratulations. Most of the original Nuremberg desk eagle variants were made of hollow zink as Ned says but I disagree that the nicest were only cast in bronze. Some of the nicest Nuremberg eagles I have seen have been dedicated Political awards, high quality casts made from silver plated zink. The original Kurt Schmid Ehmen desk eagles (like the one at the German History Museum) were hollow bronze casts made in Munchen- & not by Bergwerk u Hutton.
    Regards,
    Michael
    Attached Images Attached Images Table Decoration Eagle 

?

Have to agree with Michaels observations - this bird lacks in detail although at first glance it looks good.
    Have attached a few pictures reflecting what I mean - look at the detail on the reverse Swaz compared to the original eagle Ive posted.Table Decoration EagleTable Decoration Eagle
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

As a short note this type of eagle flanked the stadium in Nuremberg as you can see in may pictures as well as on the postcard I posted in the previous posting as is noted on the cancellation on the reverse reflecting this eagle.
    Also note the RZM mark on the reverse which indicated that it was an official NSDAP emblem .
    Horst

Table Decoration Eagle

Quote by big ned View Post
    It's an example of the the eagle that topped the German Pavilion at the Worlds Fair 1937 in Paris by the sculptor Kurt Schmid Ehmen. Copies were later produced as souvenirs to be sold to the public as there was a high demand for them at the time. Some were made using zinc or white metal (Blech), but the best were cast in bronze by Bergwerk u. Hutten. These are reproduced today but are as expensive now as they were back then, retailing at over $3000. Whether this is an original or a copy I can't say for sure, but comparing it quality wise to this modern 3 grand+ copy I would say it is of the period and not "modern".

Regards, Ned.

Table Decoration Eagle
    It is bad actually. Patina is anyway and that is all the picture allows for.

?

These do make for great displays within a III Reich collection-

By the way the first bird posted is now in the 'Classified" section.

Horst

Table Decoration Eagle

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    It is bad actually. Patina is anyway and that is all the picture allows for.
    I think you may have misunderstood my post. I'm fully aware that the one in the photo I supplied is a copy, patina is one of the first things I concern myself with when examining badges and awards as that is generally what I restrict myself to. It was the OP's I wasn't certain about, but that has now been comprehensively answered.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast