Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Table Decoration Eagle

Article about: Dear friends this bird came last week across, bronce massiv , very detailed .Pls enjoy the Pics tom

Quote by big ned View Post
    I think you may have misunderstood my post. I'm fully aware that the one in the photo I supplied is a copy, patina is one of the first things I concern myself with when examining badges and awards as that is generally what I restrict myself to. It was the OP's I wasn't certain about, but that has now been comprehensively answered.

Regards, Ned.
    Sorry Ned, I was not sure about the first bird and still not so I said nothing about it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Table Decoration Eagle
    P
    Many

Hi Horst, I never get tired of seeing your amazing Nuremberg Desk Eagle award, made by 3/100 (emmrich+schoenig berlin) I believe. Great detail and nice to see that it's attributed with the plaque as well. I have serious doubts about the originality of the solid bronze one posted, but as you say, they make a great display piece and with the other bronze repro-knock-off with the modern applied patina selling for around $3500, this one would still certainly look very nice on the shelf. Here is another example of one that is possibly by the same maker as your model- but with the separately attached swaz (note the curved base) and a couple of the other more commonly seen one's. Best Regards, Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Table Decoration Eagle   Table Decoration Eagle  

Table Decoration Eagle   Table Decoration Eagle  

Table Decoration Eagle   Table Decoration Eagle  

Table Decoration Eagle  

?

Michael - These are very nice indeed and as you noted make a great centerpiece for any III Reich collection -

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

There's everything from "it's good" to "serious doubts" re. this piece on here, seems opinion is split --- I just hope someone doesn't buy a dud at $2500...

There's everything from "it's good" to "serious doubts" re. this piece on here, seems opinion is split --- I just hope someone doesn't buy a dud at $2500...- Slados28
    Hi Slados28,

This is a tricky bird, the quality looks very good, detail is strong, the feather chasing or fletching is often seen on repro's but these repros could be casts of an original.
    I can't call this one as definitively fake or definitely real but have noted that some really like it and I will leave this one up to the experts. With the repro one with the fake patina shown earlier running at 3500USD, this one looks good either way and if the buyer is happy with it, it would make a great display piece. Unfortunately it is rarely seen bird and that makes it hard to call. Other solid bronze examples with provenance do exist (but are very scarce) and there is a RZM maker marked Vet returned one in a Mid West museum. I will post pics of it shortly but it has the running swaz and is not like this one. Here is another one of these similar but without a base that was recently sold (5600 Norewegian Kroners), it does not look as good as this one but at least it is the same model with the wing chasing/ fletching. Maybe it is a cast of this one???

100% ORIGINAL-NURNBERG NAZI ØRN. - Selges av revilo fra VENNESLA på QXL.no

Cheers, Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Table Decoration Eagle   Table Decoration Eagle  

Thank you for elaborating! These are definitely very tough to authenticate if one hasn't had a ton of experience handling good ones... Look forward to seeing that other example you were talking about!

Thank you for elaborating! These are definitely very tough to authenticate if one hasn't had a ton of experience handling good ones... Look forward to seeing that other example you were talking about! Slados28
    Hi Slados28,
    Here are a couple of shots of the Vet donated museum bird, solid bronze and RZM marked on the rear of the swaz -
    but they don't seem to be doing a very good job of keeping it clean....
    Another of these sold last year at auction, but that was only the second one I'd seen.

Cheers.

That's a nice looking bird -- great design! Thanks for sharing the images! What rzm number was this one marked with?

What rzm number was this one marked with? Slados28
    Hi Slados28, it was RZM marked on the rear of the swaz and had the manufacturers name stamped on the back of the bird. I don't remember off-hand the maker but I do remember that it was a makers name and not an RZM number like M3/100 or M3/28 (HB) which seem to be the usual makers of the hollow zink-cast eagles.
    Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Table Decoration Eagle  

Thanks for the info! I used to have a Hitler plaque with a "HB" marked makers label on the back --- would this be the same maker as the one with the M3/28 number you mentioned? I always wondered about who this maker was and have since seen more propaganda/TR art pieces with these same "HB" markings.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast