MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Table Decoration Eagle

Article about: Dear friends this bird came last week across, bronce massiv , very detailed .Pls enjoy the Pics tom

Hallo

again the question ....to be or not to be ??
    no really is my eagle a fake
    tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Table Decoration Eagle
    P
    Many

Thanks for the info! I used to have a Hitler plaque with a "HB" marked makers label on the back --- would this be the same maker as the one with the M3/28 number you mentioned? I always wondered about who this maker was and have since seen more propaganda/TR art pieces with these same "HB" markings. -slados28
    Hi Slados28, Yes, 'HB' (H.H. van Beusekom-Gladbeck) is the same as RZM 3/28. Some of their eagles were labelled with both the 'HB' symbol and the RZM 3/28. The HB feather-back bird posted earlier in this thread is an example of this double marking as is shown in the photo. The other 'HB' left-facing desk eagle is often seen also double marked as seen in these photos- another bronze-plated one and the other one is the late John Peppera's excellent gold washed example.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Table Decoration Eagle   Table Decoration Eagle  

Table Decoration Eagle   Table Decoration Eagle  

Table Decoration Eagle  

schnurrbart
    Hallo

again the question ....to be or not to be ??
    no really is my eagle a fake - Tom
    Hi schnurrbart, Here is another one of your desk eagles sold on the net. It seems to have the same base as yours. see link: Original Militaria - NSDAP/ Núremberg, Águila Is it possible that this bird could be a zinc cast bird with a bronze wash which would make more sense than a solid bronze casting. There seems to be areas on this one that are dull grey and maybe some flaking on the rear- could this be where the bronze wash is wearing off in spots?- be interesting to hear what others think. - is yours heavy zinc with a bronze wash plating as well? As per the previous one sold on the net, this one was also sold as original so some people believe they are original to the period and are prepared to buy them as such. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Table Decoration Eagle   Table Decoration Eagle  

Table Decoration Eagle  

Ah... yes, mloppkit! That's the same logo... thanks again for providing pics! That's a very "babyish" looking eagle, yet nice looking and I can only imagine pretty rare...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3