Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Third Reich Banner/Tapestry very nice one!

Article about: Not sure whether to call this a banner or tapestry. This was purchased from black cross militaria. It is 4ft 10in wide and 15 ft 9in long. Made of super high quality wool and made for indoor

Default Third Reich Banner/Tapestry very nice one!

Not sure whether to call this a banner or tapestry. This was purchased from black cross militaria. It is 4ft 10in wide and 15 ft 9in long. Made of super high quality wool and made for indoor display. Has the makers tag up near the top where it would have hung from a pole. At the base is a high quality cotton twisted cord fringe. I've seen podium flags with fringe, and have seen huge banners but never one quite like this. There are a few tiny holes here and there, probably moth nips. And it has that distinct old odor to it like a lot of flags/banners do. Of course my wife asked how I was going to display this... It won't be. Hope you like. And if anybody can help with the maker it would be most appreciated. Best regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Third Reich Banner/Tapestry very nice one!   Third Reich Banner/Tapestry very nice one!  

Third Reich Banner/Tapestry very nice one!   Third Reich Banner/Tapestry very nice one!  

Third Reich Banner/Tapestry very nice one!  
    Last edited by Larry C; 06-04-2014 at 02:52 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Third Reich Banner/Tapestry very nice one!
    P
    Many

?

You won't be displaying it?? What is the point of buying it???

May garage is only about 8 feet tall. Plus in displaying it, the moths will attack it, and the light will fade it. Most collectors who have banners do not display them. Smaller flags are more displayable, and can be framed to protect them.

What I mean is my war room is my garage. So for right now I wouldn't display it out there as moths and bugs would be snacking on it. Some day when one of my daughters move out then I'll have a war room and items such as this could be displayed in a nicer cleaner environment.

That's a beauty with nice bright colors, obviously very well-stored over the years...I have a smaller flag in my display that I keep folded in my curio cabinet...still recognizable but in a manner that it doesn't dominate my display...
    Congratulations on a great score!
    cheers, Glenn

?

Very nice and nice sized item. I like the larger type flags. This one is certainly in beautiful shape too.
    Duzig(Bill)

very nice flag.

Hi, Very nice flag/drape/item and I agree with Glenn, a very welcome addition to any collection. I take Curt's point but would suggest that most collectors and probably every museum in the world has treasured items which are not on display for various reasons but are none-the-less purchased and collected for their interest and historical value. Personaly, I like vizors but can only display some but that does not stop me from buying and collecting more?? Probably the horder instinct in me!!
    Cheers and happy hunting MR

Quote by CURT P View Post
    You won't be displaying it?? What is the point of buying it???
    Most of us have large banners and flags that are well kept and not displayed. This is a preservation point.
    I really dont see the need for your post.