Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Third Reich era jeweled swastika pendant

Article about: Hello! Annoyed from this ads?   A friend of mine has this (what I believe) pendant. He now wants to know, what this thing is and if it´s authentic!? I believe, it´s not authentic and th

Default Third Reich era jeweled swastika pendant

Hello!
    A friend of mine has this (what I believe) pendant. He now wants to know, what this thing is and if it´s authentic!?
    I believe, it´s not authentic and therefore a junk. But maybe you guys can help us out?
    Has anyone of you ever seen such a thing?
    The thing is stamped with an "800" on the ring!

Best Regards

Third Reich era jeweled swastika pendant Third Reich era jeweled swastika pendant

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Third Reich era jeweled swastika pendant
    P
    Many

It appears to have Hematite stones, (Blood stone). Could be from any time period.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Yup i agree with Ralph, before the third reich the swastika was regarded as a good luck symbol by many!...

?

For me without any doubt a period pendant. I have seen very similar ones and adverts from the 30ies for this items. Pendant, rings, what ever you want - i myself have 2 rings in this style.
    This stones are usual marcasite.
    Nice one for me!

Here still a period (1937) advert for swastika/marcasite jewelry:

Last edited by odal; 01-05-2015 at 04:09 PM.

good luck charm.

Similar pieces still being produced and worn today in the Indian sub continent

?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    good luck charm.
    Sorry to disagree, but thats pure and rare Nazi-jewelry.

Do you think, the pendant shown above is a german fabrication? I have never seen something like that and I am not not sure about the way it was made neither....

?

Quote by collector19 View Post
    Do you think, the pendant shown above is a german fabrication? I have never seen something like that and I am not not sure about the way it was made neither....
    Yes, i think so. "800" is a typical period german contentmark for such small silver jewelry.
    And the whole appearance of the item, including using this kind of stones, is also typical.

I collect usually only rings from this period, sometimes a little other small jewelry from this time,
    and i have seen a lot of this stuff.
    I would bet this pendant was period made (pre 45) in germany.

And here a link to an other very similar ring in moment for selling - again common german jewelry from this times:

https://www.militaria321.com/auktion...tionID=5842681

My 10 pence worth - normally 'lucky charm' swastikas are at a 90 degree angle and 'Nazi' swastikas are at a 45 degree angle (if you understand what I mean!). However, I'm not an expert by any means.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast