Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Third reich nazi paramilitary pewter souvenir plate from nürnberg - die stadt der reichsparteitage

Article about: Latest addition from local pawn shop hope you like "This is a wartime original 8 inch (200 mm) pewter souvenir plate from the City of Reichs Party Days - Nürnberg. It is one of at least

You guys need to learn your product. The left is shot in a light box and has its silver finish which is never in place. These are very soft and handling them will where them with the touch. I doubt that is a casting flaw and that would not be seen under its original finish, your 2'O clock is a tape mark or something on the pewter finish and the softness in the details is very common and in most cases normal. Plate is correct down to the hanger.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Third reich nazi paramilitary  pewter souvenir plate from  nürnberg - die stadt der reichsparteitage
    P
    Many

?

Well, the plate in the first photo is cast. That doesn't mean it's not real, because some originals may have been cast as well. That is something I don't know and can't say.

Keep in mind that these Nurnberg-Rally Trinkets were unofficial items and not under the strict quality-control we've come to expect from RZM or LDO...I like the plate, personally speaking...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Also, the hanger on both pictured plates is different. Notice that one is rectangular and the other is triangular.

Quote by Erno View Post
    Also, the hanger on both pictured plates is different. Notice that one is rectangular and the other is triangular.
    Are you sure? Looks like a triangle in the reflection to the rear of the plate. Its all high point wear which is typical, seen worse. You guy's are so fast to answer or open fire and the answers are right in front of you.

Third reich nazi paramilitary  pewter souvenir plate from  nürnberg - die stadt der reichsparteitage

?

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    Are you sure? Looks like a rectangle in the reflection to the rear of the plate. Its all high point wear which is typical, seen worse. You guy's are so fast to answer or open fire and the answers are right in front of you.
    Like I said, I'm not saying it's fake, because I have no idea how these were made and how many different types exist. My only statement is that it's cast, which is very evident from the many casting flaws. I know that some pewter objects are cast and were cast back then for souvenirs, so my saying that it's cast isn't the same as saying it's fake. At least, that's not what I'm saying. I guess Odal is saying that it's fake.

As for the attachment, if you look closely, they're different. What does that mean for its authenticity? I have no idea. Probably nothing, because as Glenn says, these are just souvenirs so there are probably a thousand variations of everything.

Third reich nazi paramilitary  pewter souvenir plate from  nürnberg - die stadt der reichsparteitageThird reich nazi paramilitary  pewter souvenir plate from  nürnberg - die stadt der reichsparteitage

Real or not I'd still love to have it.

Quote by Erno View Post
    Like I said, I'm not saying it's fake, because I have no idea how these were made and how many different types exist. My only statement is that it's cast, which is very evident from the many casting flaws. I know that some pewter objects are cast and were cast back then for souvenirs, so my saying that it's cast isn't the same as saying it's fake. At least, that's not what I'm saying. I guess Odal is saying that it's fake.

As for the attachment, if you look closely, they're different. What does that mean for its authenticity? I have no idea. Probably nothing, because as Glenn says, these are just souvenirs so there are probably a thousand variations of everything.

Third reich nazi paramilitary  pewter souvenir plate from  nürnberg - die stadt der reichsparteitageThird reich nazi paramilitary  pewter souvenir plate from  nürnberg - die stadt der reichsparteitage
    Erno,

Here's the thing, one guy jumps and says fake, you come in and raise doubt and that is fine. But how many have you handled?, these are really really soft, the comparison piece is very rare with its original finish and very crisp. Most are not that way at all and the wear is to the high points and consistent with standard handling for these. The triangle hangers are the same with triangles and a two point rivet system. There are casting flaws and flaws on just about everything you can imagine, from badges to top shelf bronze of the era, it is not a point of contention in most cases and yet it is applied on the Germanic perfection model that is used by collectors. It does not work like that and you have to compensate for the photo's and the guy taking them as well. That's a triangle hanger with a plate attachment and the same rivet's used on the first plate, and even if they differ a little? who cares?. Its an original plate that a guy posts and is all happy with and you guys are too fast to the punch.

?

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    Erno,

Here's the thing, one guy jumps and says fake, you come in and raise doubt and that is fine. But how many have you handled?, these are really really soft, the comparison piece is very rare with its original finish and very crisp. Most are not that way at all and the wear is to the high points and consistent with standard handling for these. The triangle hangers are the same with triangles and a two point rivet system. There are casting flaws and flaws on just about everything you can imagine, from badges to top shelf bronze of the era, it is not a point of contention in most cases and yet it is applied on the Germanic perfection model that is used by collectors. It does not work like that and you have to compensate for the photo's and the guy taking them as well. That's a triangle hanger with a plate attachment and the same rivet's used on the first plate, and even if they differ a little? who cares?. Its an original plate that a guy posts and is all happy with and you guys are too fast to the punch.
    Well, that's why I'm not saying it's fake: I just don't know. All I'm saying is that it's clearly cast. Were originals cast? I have no idea.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast