Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Third reich nazi paramilitary pewter souvenir plate from nürnberg - die stadt der reichsparteitage

Article about: Latest addition from local pawn shop hope you like "This is a wartime original 8 inch (200 mm) pewter souvenir plate from the City of Reichs Party Days - Nürnberg. It is one of at least

?

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    Yeah, but I know its real and why. End of conversation.
    Didn't say one way or the other just noted what I could observe from the pictures - As I noted would really like to have it in hand . Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Third reich nazi paramilitary  pewter souvenir plate from  nürnberg - die stadt der reichsparteitage
    P
    Many

it's not cast . Also I have never seen these faked or copied .

Feels and looks like Pressed 2 piece construction.

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    Are you sure? Looks like a triangle in the reflection to the rear of the plate. Its all high point wear which is typical, seen worse. You guy's are so fast to answer or open fire and the answers are right in front of you.

Attachment 683296

Erno , I had the hanger clip folded over . You are incorrect . They are the same

As we all know pewter is very very soft . 69 years of handling and god only knows what it had on it as a plate , will leave it not 100% crisp.
    Also that these were not RZM Controlled as mentioned .

In the hand it feels right . The pewter has honest patina .

Quote by Erno View Post
    Also, the hanger on both pictured plates is different. Notice that one is rectangular and the other is triangular.
    They are the same . I folded mine over for the pic .

Third reich nazi paramilitary  pewter souvenir plate from  nürnberg - die stadt der reichsparteitage

?

Ajax, wind your neck in and stop taking things personally.
    This is a discussion forum where everyone is entitled to their opinion and to voice it.
    You may not agree with others, they may not agree with you but don't be throwing your toys out the pram just because someone sees things differently from you.
    Agree to disagree and move on.
    If a reasonable discussion about different aspects of an item is beyond you then don't bother getting involved. Your comments are not the be all and end all of a discussion.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Okey...easy solution...simply send the plate to Me and I'll take care of it.....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Australia View Post
    They are the same . I folded mine over for the pic .

Third reich nazi paramilitary  pewter souvenir plate from  nürnberg - die stadt der reichsparteitage
    I see what you mean about the triangular hanger, but if you look closely, they still aren't the same, not that it has any significance. This type of hanger is still used on decorative objects today.

Attachment 683308

Not to be intrusive to a semi-private argument (heaven forbid), but were'nt these plates made over a period of several years? The Nuremberg Rallies were held from 1933 to 1938, Since these plates are undated and were "one of at least two Very Similar plates that attendees to the Nuremberg Rallies could buy and take home as their personal souvenir of the greatest annual get-together in Germany in Nazi times.", why is it unthinkable that there would not be small manufacturing and minor design detail changes over the years and between the various makers?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

A nice piece and I have one in my collection too.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast